Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I completed my cat delete and wish to thank all who lead me down this path. Everything is mucho better:woot:
Cut mine out Friday, took @ 1hr. with an air chisel, installed Saturday...Where does that top muffler spring attach? ECU out for tune, CAI due here in a day or two. Will report results next week.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
there is a hole in a vertical support directly in front of the muffler.
Thank you for the info. Found the vertical support with the hole in it, I didn't think that was it, but it's the only place to hook the spring to, will take a picture next time so that I don't forget.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Cut mine out Friday, took @ 1hr. with an air chisel, installed Saturday...Where does that top muffler spring attach? ECU out for tune, CAI due here in a day or two. Will report results next week.:)
Please do. Can't wait too hesr your results.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have had good results with all but 1 of my cat deletes in the past, when it came to fumes:vomit:. Anyone notice a fume issue after the removal?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Finally got my exhaust back from being ceramic coated after cat removal. Sitting in seat and taking DB readings got 63 decibels at idle and 76 db at 3000 rpm (this was inside, no doubt would be quieter outside). Wish I had done readings on stock beforehand but I don't really hear it being much louder than with the cat.
004.JPG

·
Registered
117 Posts
Finally got my exhaust back from being ceramic coated after cat removal. Sitting in seat and taking DB readings got 63 decibels at idle and 76 db at 3000 rpm (this was inside, no doubt would be quieter outside). Wish I had done readings on stock beforehand but I don't really hear it being much louder than with the cat. View attachment 13117
Your coating looks great, wish I would have thought to do that when I had my muffler off,oh well.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Looks like you removed the right side panel completely to remove and install, is that correct? I have read where the complete removal may not be necessary. Am wanting to gut the Cat on my Slingshot.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts