Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the whole infotainment system out last night and set it on the shelf. Then only thing im keeping is the speaker pods. The backup camera and the am/fm antenna are also being sold with it. I even have the factory plug that was on the speaker pods. So you can actully wire it onto whatever speaker you choose and it will plug into the harness. I never even installed the antenna. guaranteed to work and be perfect. I just couldnt stand not being able to have an aux input and no satellite radio. Not sure what to ask for it????

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I pulled the whole infotainment system out last night and set it on the shelf. Then only thing im keeping is the speaker pods. The backup camera and the am/fm antenna are also being sold with it. I even have the factory plug that was on the speaker pods. So you can actully wire it onto whatever speaker you choose and it will plug into the harness. I never even installed the antenna. guaranteed to work and be perfect. I just couldnt stand not being able to have an aux input and no satellite radio. Not sure what to ask for it????
You should ask a LOT since it's from a FAST RED ONE and it probably will end up in the SLOWER GREY ONE. Hey, I wonder if it will go faster after it's installed?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should ask a LOT since it's from a FAST RED ONE and it probably will end up in the SLOWER GREY ONE. Hey, I wonder if it will go faster after it's installed?
It made my grey one slow so I had to take it out. Sorry. I have the grey...

But whoever buys it can put it into a plaid one if they want to.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I might be interested in the radio for the right price, Aftermarket speaker system adds up to $1,500 give or take

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'll bet you could have a killer yard sale with all the stuff you have laying about .

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am gathering it all up tonight and getting the pictures. I will have the whole system for sale minus the speaker pods. I never even opened the antenna kit. I even have the speaker pod wires that plug into the factory harness.

Ill post pics tonight and tomorrow so you will see everything your getting. And i will take paypal and ill ship the day after i get payment. Not sure what I'm going to ask for it but it will be a deal for someone....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I
I am gathering it all up tonight and getting the pictures. I will have the whole system for sale minus the speaker spuds. I never even opened the antenna kit. I even have the speaker pod wires that plug into the factory harness.

Ill post pics tonight and tomorrow so you will see everything your getting. And i will take paypal and ill ship the day after i get payment. Not sure what I'm going to ask for it but it will be a deal for someone....
I am interested

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I

I am interested
OK. I need to sleep for a little bit then i am going to get back up and go out to my shop around 2 in the morning. I'm getting everything together and making pictures. By tomorrow morning ill have it all posted.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll bet you could have a killer yard sale with all the stuff you have laying about .
You have no idea. I have a pool house full of stuff. I have stuff from VTX1800 Honda's to Hayabusa to Triumph Rockets to Boss Hoss to Spyders. And many others

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I am gathering it all up tonight and getting the pictures. I will have the whole system for sale minus the speaker spuds. I never even opened the antenna kit. I even have the speaker pod wires that plug into the factory harness.

1000 is a fair price keep in mind speakers and the pod housing are 499.99 a piece

·
Registered
88 Posts
OK. I need to sleep for a little bit then i am going to get back up and go out to my shop around 2 in the morning. I'm getting everything together and making pictures. By tomorrow morning ill have it all posted.
Ok sounds good. I am curious about the camera set up on my base model. I bought the housing for the camera, I think the cable is installed on the base but not sure what the tail end looks like. What you call spuds, is that the pods?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree about the Sat Radio

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the rear camera wire is already ran and installed on the base. This kit has the plastic part with the camera that you change out on the back that houses the camera. And yes, what I meant was pods. And it has the AM/FM antenna kit (never opened). Autocorrect (spell check) hates me sometimes.

It will be like buying a full infotainment kit minus the speaker pods. And as a bonus i cut off the plugs on the speaker pods and they are included. So you could put them on whatever speakers you go with and just plug them in. They have about a foot of wire each.

Here is my ebay rating so people can feel safe when they buy from me.

Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 2.39.34 AM.png
Y

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Y'all were talking about rear tires. I could be persuaded to sell my stock tires and wheels if the price is right.....:):):):):):)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes the rear camera wire is already ran and installed on the base. This kit has the plastic part with the camera that you change out on the back that houses the camera. And yes, what I meant was pods. And it has the AM/FM antenna kit (never opened). Autocorrect (spell check) hates me sometimes.

It will be like buying a full infotainment kit minus the speaker pods. And as a bonus i cut off the plugs on the speaker pods and they are included. So you could put them on whatever speakers you go with and just plug them in. They have about a foot of wire each.

Here is my ebay rating so people can feel safe when they buy from me.

View attachment 4313 Y
The problem is that the speakers are no good without the pods. So I have to buy the pods to make them work. Or gp to different speaker options. Which means I would only need head unit

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem is that the speakers are no good without the pods. So I have to buy the pods to make them work. Or gp to different speaker options. Which means I would only need head unit
Yea. I'm not selling the speakers or the pods they came in. You would have to buy something like this and use the speaker pigtail I cut off my speaker pods for them to be plug and play. You would just mount them somewhere in the footwell area.

And when u see the unit you will understand how it all works. The head unit is just the display. Behind it is the brain box. And it also loops thru your diagnostic port to get speed info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea. I'm not selling the speakers or the pods they came in. You would have to buy something like this and use the speaker pigtail I cut off my speaker pods for them to be plug and play. You would just mount them somewhere in the footwell area.

And when u see the unit you will understand how it all works. The head unit is just the display. Behind it is the brain box. And it also loops thru your diagnostic port to get speed info.

Ok thanks for the clarification. Will look forward to you post tomorrow

1 - 20 of 31 Posts