Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Nice looking machine! I am sure it even looks better in person.

One question and I am not trying to take away from how good this looks..... but,

Why didn't you paint any of the side plastics? You painted some of the other plastic parts, so why not run the color and theme to the sides?

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Love it. Love the silver roll hoops and the whole Cobra theme. I always thought the SS had a Cobra vibe to it and you have definitely confirmed that!

Great job!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything that was gray was turned into blue. Cost was a factor and there were many hours just to do the mystic blue pearl gloss paint. I love it.

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Is it paint or dip? You said liquid wrap in the first post and paint in the last one. Is that why the badges on the hood and fin are blue too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys we did this work for our friend Gary. The product is a removable paint and/or liquid wrap. It's a product by HaloEFX called True Gloss. The finish is equivalent or better then a OEM paint job but its completely removable. It's also sandable/buffable, chemical and scratch resistant. The product itself isn't on the market as of yet we just happened to know the owner of company and this is the first SS on the planet done with it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I need this in my life. Matte black the whole dang thing.

How does this price compared to a normal paint?

Did you removed all pieces to paint and what is prep work like?

Us curios people have many questions.... ;) ha

·
Registered
13 Posts
The price is definitely more cost efficient then automotive paint. The price for a job like this is around $2500 fully sanded/compouned/polished for a show finish. All pieces are taken out and done individually, as far as prep if the panels are in good shape just a good cleaning will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Sounds very interesting. So, there is no prep, sanding or primer required on good surfaces- just clean and go?

·
May be Addressed as "Madame HRMiracle"
495 Posts
I need this in my life. Matte black the whole dang thing.

How does this price compared to a normal paint?

Did you removed all pieces to paint and what is prep work like?

Us curios people have many questions.... ;) ha
Oh man oh man - a murdered out Sling.

*this is your conscience saying 'doooo iiiiiit'*

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey guys we did this work for our friend Gary. The product is a removable paint and/or liquid wrap. It's a product by HaloEFX called True Gloss. The finish is equivalent or better then a OEM paint job but its completely removable. It's also sandable/buffable, chemical and scratch resistant. The product itself isn't on the market as of yet we just happened to know the owner of company and this is the first SS on the planet done with it :)
Found this video on Youtube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts