Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any rumors about whether the seats will be compatible with six-point harnesses and HANS devices?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am currently working this on this mod. To properly put a 5 or 6 point harness in the current seat will have to go. Using the bolts in the roll hoops is also not a good idea because they are 13 inches apart, way to wide for the shoulder belts. I'm taking the rear deck off this week and will see if there is a suitable attach points.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I am currently working this on this mod. To properly put a 5 or 6 point harness in the current seat will have to go. Using the bolts in the roll hoops is also not a good idea because they are 13 inches apart, way to wide for the shoulder belts. I'm taking the rear deck off this week and will see if there is a suitable attach points.
Can not wait to hear of your findings... this would be beneficial for many who want this. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well got most of the rear deck off. Not hard but had to stop. Got a look at the tubing and it would be perfect for wrapping the belts on but they welded some flat plate to the areas so that is out of the question. Tried to take a couple pictures but they didn't come out well. Next option would be to bolt a doubler plate in this area and then bolt the eye end of the belt to it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Have the blueprints for the shoulder mount plates completed but found I have a bigger problem with where the anti sub belts will bolt to under the seat. Working that problem now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
there is a lot of guys already using off the shelf four-point harnesses. a lot of guys are using the ones you get at the Polaris dealership or the DDM 4 point harnesses.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks TX I'm just posting information for anyone that is interested. I'm not trying to sell kits or parts. I've been around a long time building and working with formula, stock cars and aircraft. Have seen enough post crash results that I prefer to maybe be a little overkill. I know for the just around town and cursing the 4 points are probably fine and much easier to install and comfort is important otherwise people will not wear them. Everyone has there preferences, I'm just going down a different road.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
A Hans device would not be practical for street application, so I assume we are talking track?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes for the track. I may though give it a try when I take long trips. I have three herniated disks in my neck from some bozo slamming into me running about 50. He was intoxicated and texting. Nice combo

·
Registered
334 Posts
No that's why I'm working on a mount plate that fits under the roll hoops and goes forward with a mount bar that you can put the eyelets on for mounting. It just so happens that the two screws that mount the black trim panels fall right in line with where the eyelets need to go. The belt spacing should be between 3 and 4 inches between the inside of the belt edges. I know this sounds tight but it's correct. People can and do use wider spacing but I'm not comfortable with it.

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
No that's why I'm working on a mount plate that fits under the roll hoops and goes forward with a mount bar that you can put the eyelets on for mounting. It just so happens that the two screws that mount the black trim panels fall right in line with where the eyelets need to go. The belt spacing should be between 3 and 4 inches between the inside of the belt edges. I know this sounds tight but it's correct. People can and do use wider spacing but I'm not comfortable with it.
If you could pass on the information once you are done I would appreciate it. I would prefer to use harness rather than the stock belts. Thanks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts