Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scheduled to have my 500 mile service tomorrow. The dealership isn't sure what that entails or what they should charge. They supposedly have a call into Polaris. Does anybody have the 500 mile checklist and approx cost? Don't want to miss the first service interval and give anybody reason to void a warranty. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have the check list the Tech printed out for me but it's in the SS glove compartment and I'm out of town, you're welcome to call Southbay Motorsports 619-420-2300 ask for Mike in service and ask him to fax you the service check list that was done on Victor's SL SS.

They charged me 2 hours labor and parts total of $233.43

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The first service is basically a oil and filter change/ lube the driveshaft yoke/inspect everything and verify the setup. If you have your owners manual pg. 51 details what needs to be done at every service. Hope this helps-

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just had mine serviced today and it wasn't cheap. According to dealership, Polaris suggested they charge $375 for first service. I received a 10% discount which brought it down to $337. It wasn't cheap. They also added the floor interior lights, but this wasn't part of the service charge because it was part of purchase price at time of purchase.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm scheduled to have my 500 mile service tomorrow. The dealership isn't sure what that entails or what they should charge. They supposedly have a call into Polaris. Does anybody have the 500 mile checklist and approx cost? Don't want to miss the first service interval and give anybody reason to void a warranty. Thanks.
Kevin you bought that from Temecula didn't you? They don't know what's in the 1st service...wow...and they'll get you for $300+, ouch! I think you've given them enough of your $$$.
Well Becky just paid $337 and she bought it from Malcom Smith who did the service.
I called around and that's why I ended up at Southbay. Good luck!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Kevin you bought that from Temecula didn't you? Well Becky just paid $337 and she bought it from them.
I called around and that's why I ended up at Southbay. Good luck!
Calling around can save you 100$ or more for the same service :)

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Maybe you can get the first service included in the sale if you haven't purchased one yet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
200-400 to change the oil on a gm engine and apply lube?! Sounds like a rip off to me. I would bet you could get a non dealer to do it for half, or less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yesterday, I had my 500 mile service at 506 and today I went on a 502 mile round trip to Bullhead City, AZ. First tank of fuel I got 259.6 miles and filled up with 8.850 gallons. Next fill up was at 243.8 and 8.125 gallons. She was awesome! I'm sooo happy :happy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess I didn't need to worry about the checklist after all. Temecula Motorsports said they didn't know I needed a 500 mile service along with the warranty work they were doing. They said they didn't have time to do it, don't have the space to keep it overnight so I would have to make an appointment. They are booked two weeks out as well. I'm over 500 miles already so I guess I need to find someplace else. By the way, Temecula quoted $240 for the service if/when they could fit me in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine was $217 in penscola, FL

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
Damn - I was complaining about $160 for 500 mile a few months ago. Can't believe I am seeing these outrageous prices!!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Do it yourself!! Save your $$$ it will not void any warranty.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts