Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing an SS soon...have to close on a house first. You know, priorities. Haha

Several of the dealerships in our area are charing delivery and prep fees in the $2000+ range when I can catch a flight to another state for a couple of hundred bucks and purchase for close to MSRP out the door.

Yes I'd have to ride all the way home, but isn't that why we buy these toys?

So how do people handle the 500 mile service when you have to travel that far home? How long do you have to get the service without running into warranty issues?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Just do the 500 mile service when you get home.

Or find a Polaris dealer on your route and have them do it. I believe it is basically an oil change and checking torque spec on some bolts.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I bought from Lufkin Power Sports, now East Texas Power Sports. When Houston dealers wanted $1500 or more and sometimes non-refundable deposits, they only wanted a $500 deposit and charged me less than $700 Freight/Prep. Just a little over 2 hrs from Houston to Lufkin.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I scheduled my 500 mile checkup when I was at 300 miles but the dealer was so busy by the time we got in it had 1500 ... no big deal unless you think you are experiencing issues

·
Registered
52 Posts
No way should you pay $2K dealer prep fee - IMO that is simply gouging. I bought an SL out the door, tax, title, tag with the full Polaris cover included for $24K and change.

Just had my 500 mile service done. Changed the oil, filter, changed the rear camera (to fix the radio reception issue), did the ECU flash to address the steering issue, had them change the oil in the swing arm. Totaled over $250.

Find a new dealer if they are charging that much in dealer prep fee.

My dealer had 8 Slings on the floor...plenty to choose from

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are serious about buying just go to your local dealer with an out the door price you are willing to pay right then. Let them figure out how their numbers look on a sheet. Who cares if they charge $2000 prep fee if your buying your sling for $2500 under MSRP. See Dealer Cost

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This dealer wants MSRP plus all the fees. $2k is prep and destination/freight.

Totally agree about only worrying about final price.

Thanks for all the feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts