Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a bad price for a whole new engine and turbo kit that makes 430+ hp!

Welcome to the future of unique Ecotec stand-alone engine systems! AFI provides custom turn-key Ecotec solutions for unique applications including: military, airframes [manned & unmanned], off-road applications, sand-cars, hot-rod's, air-boats, and more! We have built a turn-key package for those looking for a 350-400 RWHP power machine. Our Stage III turn-key package consists of the following components:

STAGE III Turnkey Package, ~ 350-400 RWHP [430+ @ crankshaft] 18-22 PSI:
  • AFI 2.4 Ecotec VVT Engine w/ all needed sensors, AFI ceramic coated turbo exhaust manifold w/ O2 sensor, USED crate engine equivilant, bench tested, race prepped, cleaned, assembled, and AFI QC
  • AFI Harness & ECM System, OBD2 compliant, configured for, electronic drive by wire throttle
  • AFI Billet -6AN Fuel rail adapter
  • AFI DBW Pedal
  • AFI Intake Air Temperature Sensor
  • AFI Stage III Turbo kit: Includes AFI turbo manifold [ceramic coated], GT30/35 Series Ball-Bearing turbo w/ v-band exhaust, Tial 38mm external wastegate [we can dump this back into exhaust if needed, ALL needed oil fittings, lines, and gaskets, ALL needed oil drain fittings, lines, gaskets, and oil pan modification, ALL needed water feed and drain fittings, lines, and adapters, Siemens 80# injectors, GM 3-BAR MAP Sensor, AFI Top Mount Air to Air Intercooler option w/ all piping, painted mount, silicone couplers, and Tial 50MM blow off valve, high flow air filter, AFI ECM STAGE III tuning, and all nuts, bolts, gaskets, etc.
http://www.alphafabindustries.com/collections/afi-ecotec-turn-key-engine-packages/products/afi-2-4-ecotec-stage-iii-turn-key-engine-turbo-kit-package

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I can't wait to start modifying!
4Nines - what do you think it will take to make more power reliable?

At what point to you switch to chain drive? 200hp? 300hp?
When is the drive shaft an issue?
What are the 4,000 things I am not thinking of?
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (oops, wrong forum)

I have never had a motorcyle to modify so I am not sure what elements need to be considered.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People are making 300+ hp on the Ecotec engines all day. A simple turbo or supercharger kit will do it very easily.

I would guess that the belt will be good to at least 300 hp and possibly a lot more. Heck I run 400 hp through a stock 60 hp RZR transmission and CVT belt on my RZR-X1 :)

I think traction will decide how much abuse the belt can take. If you get wheel spin then the belt might take 600 hp. If you put a 345 slick on the back and do clutch dumps it might not take it very long at all. Only time will tell when they become highly modified.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Good to know. I am thinking 240-260hp might be the sweetspot based on available traction. Not sure how big of a meat you can realistically put on the back and how much traction there will be. If 300-345 is possible then probably 400+ is reasonable IMHO.

I am curious how much room there will be in the engine bay for this thing? The patent drawings don't give much away and since the exhaust goes out the passenger wheel well it will make plumbing interesting.

With the hood so low over the engine, the turbo may be the way to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you had 300 flywheel hp in one of these, then theoretically it should easily be able to run a 10 second 1/4 mile fairly easy with some traction.
Yeah, it'd be as easy as drinkin a big gulp while doing a burnout in the staging lanes. I said burnout(6.0l) not burn down(insert orange truck here). LMAO

(Elmo knows his 1/4 miles)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am curious what all you gear heads know about the long term effects of some simple turbo etc mods. I am not talking out of hand. I always want more, but if it is good with some mods and not too expensive I can live with it. But my question is not what is possible. We all know that anything is possible, but at what price? Meaning, with some moderate mods will that adversally effect the longevity, the dependability etc of the machine? I've had many harleys and did very simple modes in the carborator/jets etc so they would run better. However, my other friends did the whole cam, boring etc mods and yes the bike could scream, but it was always in the shop, something was not right, or would break or over heat etc. So then the fun of riding was gone. I would like some performance as long as it will not over work the engine. Again, I am not drag racing and don't have a machine shop so that when repairs need to be done I simply rip it down and rebuild it. I am your average semi mechanical guy who would rather ride than sit in shop.
Any thoughts?
and as a side note is there any gearheads who live close to me in Illinois that could do/help me with moderate mods? Thanks for all the past threads and photos. I spend hours on here watching the same videos over and over to see how much fun I will be having once I take possession of my machine in Oct. Can't wait.
If any of you get your's earlier and live near by, come by and make me jealous.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since the Ecotec engine comes supercharged from GM in a lot of their vehicles I don't see any reason why adding a SC to this engine will cause any negative long term effects. As long as you run a boost level and a SC kit that was designed for the engine then there should be any durability issues. It's when people start over boosting and wanting more power that it can become a problem. At that point, it's best to take it to someone that knows what they are doing and have them set it up and tune it properly.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts