Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was called this morning from a dealer that had an SL that previous buyers passed on and I was next in line (now I know why they passed on it), salesman was pretty pushy and said if you want the SS it's $30k total OTD. I told him I had a deal in NM for an SL at $28 OTD but fell thru because of 49 state law and asked why he's asking $2k more...he said "because that's what we're going to get"...WELL NOT FROM ME!
I may be hard up to get one of these but not THAT hard up. There are people out there that money is no object which is fine for them, but I'm a bit more practical and see the savings of waiting applied towards mods and accessories!
I went through this with the first revised release of the Toyota FJ in 07, I ended up $50k into that Toy with all the mods and with no regrets, but I learned from that to be a little less impulsive and to be more practical!

Here's that Toy

Not your everyday FJ! Plus no one see's the TRD Supercharger...they sure hear it though!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Guys like that criminal dealer need to die and gargle on their own Mother's blood in hell........I'd like to pin him in a corner and drive that SL right up his turd hole.......Slingshotomized! :vamp:

·
Registered
532 Posts
1Poser
Post dealer information.
This way members will know to stay away from these crooks.
There are honest dealers out there.
Like you said that's alot of unnecessary money going down the drain.
Money that can go towards alot of awesome mods from forum vendors.:):cool:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I agree. I posted about Broward motorsport wanting to add 6k to a SL. Then another member did the same. Now the dealer learned they can no longer do such things due to social media and online forums.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've already told my story about Polaris of Gainesville and their "ADP" bullshit. In my moment of weakness I was willing to agree to the $1400 in shiping and setup in order to get a first batch delivery but it looks like they have screwed me out of that too.

Aarrrrgh.... This SS addiction is hell. I'm about ready for rehab.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I've already told my story about Polaris of Gainesville and their "ADP" bullshit. In my moment of weakness I was willing to agree to the $1400 in shiping and setup in order to get a first batch delivery but it looks like they have screwed me out of that too.

Aarrrrgh.... This SS addiction is hell. I'm about ready for rehab.

Call Pro Flow Motorsports in Laurel Missisipi. They have a better price and are flexible. They are a great crew! Ask for Trevor. Dumb those shits in Gainesville.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Though there are many honest dealers.. unfortunately many dealers will absolutely continue to gouge as long as demand exceeds supply. You would think Polaris would set a price ceiling.. but they look the other way. Same thing happend with my GT-R... 10k premium based on supply and demand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Motoprimo in lakeville mn wants $1,000 for "set up and destination" +TTL + a non refundable $1000 deposit to get on the list..

Tousley Motorsports in white bear lake Mn wants $1,400 + TTL

are these mark ups common across the whole country? Are some of you getting your slingshots for no additional mark up from msrp? Any dealers close to the twin cities in mn not charging extra?

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Motoprimo in lakeville mn wants $1,000 for "set up and destination" +TTL + a non refundable $1000 deposit to get on the list..

are these mark ups common across the whole country? Are some of you getting your slingshots for no additional mark up from msrp? Any dealers close to the twin cities in mn not charging extra?

Thanks
Got my SL for $23,500 plus tax and title. No freight or setup fees.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

Thanks
Yea. That is about average.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts

Thanks
I'm all the way up here in Oregon, and I have an awesome dealer (Mt. Hood Polaris.) They're splitting their shipping costs with me. Base model for MSRP + 480 bucks, no set-up fees.......We should collectively boycott douche bag dealers who add their huge "put it in your butt" fee's. We should start a "Dealers to boycott" thread. We don't buy vehicles, parts, service, or accessories. As this forum grows, we can hopefully impact their Slingshot business. Hell, if that guy was close to me, I'd volunteer on a busy weekend to hold a "This dealer tried to rape me" sign in the street in front of his shop. We need to hold these people accountable. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts

Thanks
Got mine coming for 23800 plus tax and license... Best in az by far.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got mine coming for 23800 plus tax and license... Best in az by far.
Hi Hollywood compare with Victory Of Scottsdale, Marylynn is the owner and I told her the story of Temecula Motorsports asking $30k on their SL's and she freaked! She said she's not going to ask anymore than MSRP plus tax and license. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts