Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good article from GadgetReview.com:

1. It Drives Like A Sports Car - check

The two-seater’s 2.4-liter GM Ecotec engine pushes out 173 bhp and 166 pound-feet of torque, allowing it to zoom from rest to 60 mph in about five seconds. And weighing in at only 1,735 pounds, it actually shares a power-to-weight ratio and straight line performance that’s equivalent to a $30K-plus Nissan 370Z! To provide it with more than enough stopping power, it has 11.8″ vented disc brakes that’ll stop on a dime!

2. But Costs Way Less - check

Even though it may be a speed demon, it doesn’t feature a price tag like one. Instead, it starts at $20K ($23,999 for the better-equipped SL model), which is actually pretty good for something that drives like a roadster. Besides, other recreational toys like ATVs and boats aren’t far behind with their price tags, either.

3. You Only Need A Motorcycle License - check

Even though your wife or girlfriend frown upon your motorcycle dreams, you can technically still have one with the Slingshot since it’s labeled a motorcycle. So all you’ll need to get is a learner’s permit from your local DMV to drive your new Slingshot home from the dealership and then go and use it to take the test (which you’ll pass because it’s more like driving a car than anything). (And like a motorcycle, you’ll have to wear a helmet, too).

·
Registered
414 Posts
was thinking of a can am spyder, but not anymore, slingshot next on my list
I thought about one myself. Did a demo ride and talked to the sales rep. Just couldn't get past the RT prices and all the issues I kept seeing online. Decided to look else where. Interested in the SS now as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have never been so excited about selling a new product in my career. We just took on Slingshot up here in Foxboro, MA and the response has been overwhelming. Polaris can't send us our first shipment fast enough!
We will have a used Can-Am spyder RSS on hand that I will encourage anyone to drive right after they take a drive in the Slingshot. The Can Am is a fun machine no doubt, but next to Slingshot from a fun-factor standpoint there's no comparison! Slingshot is safer, more sure-footed, and absoultely more exclusive and unique than the Spyder, not to mention a head turner...and It's about the same price new!! I think Can-Am has dreaded the day that Polaris released this beast, because they have now created a monster!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts