Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Big St. Charles Motorsports. They won't have a demo to check out and they are charging $2K extra. B.S. I tell you! $1K freight & $1k assembly. I can understand paying freight but $1,000 for putting on the mirrors/windshield and maybe a few other knick-knacks for $1,000 is rape.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ordered mine through them reluctantly, but I am willing to pay the premium because I think it's still a good deal for what you are getting. Mind you, I've never paid sticker for a car in my life, but I've also never bought a car unseen before either. I never have been a fan of Big St Charles, but they are giving me more on my trade in than I expected, so I'm willing to take the shot.
Now, if I don't get one off the first shipment as promised, we will be renegotiating that deal.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just got off the phone with Big St. Charles Motorsports. No demo to check out and they are charging $2k extra. B.S. I tell you! $1k freight & $1k assembly. The salesman told me it was because they are only getting 6 (paraphrasing).

I'm going to do what many have said and find a dealer that doesn't charge. Even if I have to spend $1k (plane ticket, motel, and 2-3 days driving it back) I'll save a whopping $1k. Screw Big St. Charles Motorsports located in St. Louis, Missouri.

Hopefully my search will end before the radius reaches California.
At Dillon in Omaha it's MSRP + 900 shipping, no doc or set up.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
At Dillon in Omaha it's MSRP + 900 shipping, no doc or set up.
welcome to omaha were the shiping is so lowaha:facepalm: lol
My dealer in California is changing.
$400.00 freight.
$190.00 setup.
Plus DMV fees and taxes.
MSRP.
That's it.
californicationnnnn :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Over $2,000 in freight and set-up is a pure rip-off. Might as well give the dealer a blank check.
I agree make some calls to other dealers. Many dealers all across the USA are not charging freight and set-up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got off the phone with Big St. Charles Motorsports. They won't have a demo to check out and they are charging $2K extra. B.S. I tell you! $1K freight & $1k assembly. I can understand paying freight but $1,000 for putting on the mirrors/windshield and maybe a few other knick-knacks for $1,000 is rape.
Call Chris Ball at Ball Equipment/Fix My Toys.Com.

I just placed my order. I called St. Charles too and they outright lied to me. They told me that the SS was in pieces and that they had to build it! BS!

All they have to do is add the fluids.

I just placed my order with Chris at Ball Equipment/Fix My Toys.Com, I can guarantee you that you won't find a better price anywhere in the U.S.

John
St. Charles, Missouri

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brenny's Motorcycle Clinic, Bettendorf Iowa, I put $500.00 deposit to make sure I got the SS LE that was coming. NO other fees except for the usual tax, license, etc. NO set up fees, the vehicle comes assembled, Polaris pays for the minor new vehicle inspections. The $500.00 was applied to the downpayment

·
Banned
931 Posts
If they are gonna selling right at MSRP, they should not charge ANYTHING for freight or setup or anything else beside tax & tag!

That is EXACTLY what my dealer (Best Buy Vehicles in Ft. Pierce, FL) is doing!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts