·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, anything you spend for exhaust now will be wasted as the turbo kit from Hahn will come with the header and exhaust system. Maybe move the date up some to get the sound AND power sooner?
Thanks fun - exploring options - meeting resistance from my bride - she says it's too fast already (WTF??) but sold her on header exhaust telling her it would reduce heat on her side. I still wanna turbo but don't want to deal with

image.jpg

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Thanks fun - exploring options - meeting resistance from my bride - she says it's too fast already (WTF??) but sold her on header exhaust telling her it would reduce heat on her side. I still wanna turbo but don't want to deal with

View attachment 24451
Tell her by going faster, she'll feel cooler in the cockpit, so really, it's a comfort issue.Tell her that she KNOWS you're going to get one anyways, so why not save the money from the exhaust and apply that to the turbo. A win - win deal for both of you

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell her by going faster, she'll feel cooler in the cockpit, so really, it's a comfort issue.Tell her that she KNOWS you're going to get one anyways, so why not save the money from the exhaust and apply that to the turbo. A win - win deal for both of you
Fun I luv ya but, again, you wanna explain that to her for me
image.jpg

I don't know about you but I don't want a turbo fast trip to the E.R:(

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Fun I luv ya but, again, you wanna explain that to her for me
View attachment 24453
I don't know about you but I don't want a turbo fast trip to the E.R:(
Sure, what's her name and number? lol The last time my wife and I had a huge fight, she came crawling to me. I still remember her words: She said, "get out from under the bed you chicken shit" ;);)

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I certainly understand that!! My wife hollers and me and the dog run over each other scurrying under the couch
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ya Bill I think you need to step up here and ask your wife if you can look at your family jewels. :hilarious: Get that Turbo in there will ya!:kiss:

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She hasn't given me any crap at all on the EXTENSIVE remodel of a brand new vehicle. After 30 years I have learned you gotta pick your battles and with all my toys I would lose big:(. Oh Canoe she let me see my jewels back in the 90's I think. At this point I'm kinda like Caitlyn Jenner:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
345 Posts
My wife was ok with the UP exhaust and likes it now. Ordered the UP Draft top. She wasn't all that happy but agrees she will like the shade. Turbo will have to be in the spring. Then, after that's in, maybe I can retire. But that's a long time away and there are lots of other parts I want. She's fine as long as there isn't any debt. :) May need a part time job to feed my new parts desires :wtf:

·
Registered
356 Posts
just ordered one monday. 275 free shipping on his site. the header ends at the same place as the manifold did. you can install the header and gut the cat at the same time.
Seemed like nice people when i talked to them.

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just ordered one monday. 275 free shipping on his site. the header ends at the same place as the manifold did. you can install the header and gut the cat at the same time.
Seemed like nice people when i talked to them.
Be sure to give a review when installed please.

·
W.H.O.R.E. (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)
1,601 Posts

View attachment 24451
@Bill Martin I've got an idea, talk the wife into going with you to Biketoberfest, secretly preorder your Hahn Turbo and schedule delivery at FIRM on Slingshot Track Day, have @Stickerdick present the turbo to you as the "Slingshot Owner with Prettiest Wife Award" ! Not only will you get the Turbo she will be helping you with the install in the parking lot ! Hell she might even show you the family jewels later that evening ! Lol

P.S. Can you tell I've been trying to figure out how to get one myself ! Lol

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Bill Martin I've got an idea, talk the wife into going with you to Biketoberfest, secretly preorder your Hahn Turbo and schedule delivery at FIRM on Slingshot Track Day, have @Stickerdick present the turbo to you as the "Slingshot Owner with Prettiest Wife Award" ! Not only will you get the Turbo she will be helping you with the install in the parking lot ! Hell she might even show you the family jewels later that evening ! Lol

P.S. Can you tell I've been trying to figure out how to get one myself ! Lol
Guys - money ain't the issue (thank God) The bride says I scare the crap outta her already and has indicated that with a turbo installed she knows it will get worse. Somehow I think it will take some of the fun out of the turbo with an elbow in your short ribs constantly.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Guys - money ain't the issue (thank God) The bride says I scare the crap outta her already and has indicated that with a turbo installed she knows it will get worse. Somehow I think it will take some of the fun out of the turbo with an elbow in your short ribs constantly.
Then tell her your getting a header, and get the turbo..."the standard header increases the hp by about 100...."

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Then tell her your getting a header, and get the turbo..."the standard header increases the hp by about 100...."
That's where I am headed! But what are your thoughts on the above listed eBay header? I know Alpha is fantastic - just trying to figure out why so much less expensive.

1 - 20 of 475 Posts