Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the second part of the interview with the SS lead engineer.

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/shared-experience-an-interview-with-the-slingshot-lead-engineer-pt-2.366/

Total storage on Slingshot measures in at approximately 22 gallons. The storage openings are approximately 300mm wide by 390mm tall. Inside, the storage boxes are larger than the openings, but in irregular and difficult to measure ways. A standard size backpack or a full faced helmet will fit in each of the two storage compartments.

Here's some comparisons (listed in gallons):

41.1 - Victory Cross Country Tour
41 - Can Am Spyder RT
39.6 - Honda Goldwing
35 - Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra
29 - Victory Vision Tour
22 - Polaris Slingshot
21 - Victory Cross Country
17 - Harley Davidson Street Glide
12 - Can Am Sypder RS
5.8 - Honda Goldwing F6B

·
Registered
497 Posts
22 Gallons on my RGC CVO (extended saddlebags) enough room for 4 pair of underwear, 4 pair of socks, 4 tee shirts, 2 pair of jeans and a toiletries travel kit. That was enough for me and my lady for a weekend trip

You learn to roll your clothes very tight and get by without a lot of extras.

This will work

·
Registered
843 Posts
22 Gallons on my RGC CVO (extended saddlebags) enough room for 4 pair of underwear, 4 pair of socks, 4 tee shirts, 2 pair of jeans and a toiletries travel kit. That was enough for me and my lady for a weekend trip

You learn to roll your clothes very tight and get by without a lot of extras.

This will work
WOW...your wife do not leave with all her clothes!!!!:wideyed:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Travel light.

Clothes on your back and a toothbrush. Buy what you need as you go. I've flown all over the country using a walmart plastic bag as carry on (extra boxers and socks). I think it's actually cheaper to buy when you get there than have carry on when flying.

More expensive when you're touring, but honestly... What's more fun than living by the seat of your pants (no pun... well maybe.. intended)?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My current motorcycle has less than 5 gallons of storage. The 22 on the Slingshot will be a big upgrade for me. Should be able to convince the wife to take an overnight trip or two.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had some nice bungee Folded storage spider nets, they hold a lot of stuff just spread the bungee open and stuff you items into it, they can be as long as you want them to be.

to me it looks like a good place would be inside the passenger and driver side and attached to the frame, there should be plenty of room, and they are very light and Hold a LOT of things in them.

The spider nets could triple or more the storage capacity of the SS

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I totally agree. You could also store a small bag just in front of the passenger seat.

Bungee or zippered storage behind the roll hoops (mind the gas cap) is also a possibility but I can imagine that aftermarket will be able to triple the storage easily without affecting the inside at all.

I don't think the 22 gal includes the glovebox either.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I totally agree. You could also store a small bag just in front of the passenger seat.

Bungee or zippered storage behind the roll hoops (mind the gas cap) is also a possibility but I can imagine that aftermarket will be able to triple the storage easily without affecting the inside at all.

I don't think the 22 gal includes the glovebox either.
[

At 4'7" my lady likes something on the floor to put her feet on anyway!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[

At 4'7" my lady likes something on the floor to put her feet on anyway!
Anybody know if the passenger seat slides forward? If so, sliding her seat forward will open up some space behind her. That may be enough to get a garment bag behind the seat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts