Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a professional installation performed on my 22 R. An amp with sub was added and it was tuned. OEM ride command with OEM Rockford Fosgate speakers up front. Installer called Rockford to make sure they were making the proper connections and so forth as they are a Rockford F dealer. Got my R back and it sounds pretty dang good. But, after riding around enjoying the tunes for about 2 months, I stopped to fuel up and my radio cut off. Got a triangle shaped warning light on the dash and no power to the radio.

I take it back to the installer’s shop and they say they are not getting the data signals from ride command radio although the radio is getting power from battery. The Polaris dealer is telling me that the Installer must’ve did something and may not be covered. They installer is telling me something has to be wrong with the radio because all of his installed equipment is good.

The ride command unit is 1800. i am going to send the OEM until to Polaris for testing. But for now I have no radio.
Any suggestions or advice?

· Registered
5,911 Posts
So I had a professional installation performed on my 22 R. An amp with sub was added and it was tuned. OEM ride command with OEM Rockford Fosgate speakers up front. Installer called Rockford to make sure they were making the proper connections and so forth as they are a Rockford F dealer. Got my R back and it sounds pretty dang good. But, after riding around enjoying the tunes for about 2 months, I stopped to fuel up and my radio cut off. Got a triangle shaped warning light on the dash and no power to the radio.

I take it back to the installer’s shop and they say they are not getting the data signals from ride command radio although the radio is getting power from battery. The Polaris dealer is telling me that the Installer must’ve did something and may not be covered. They installer is telling me something has to be wrong with the radio because all of his installed equipment is good.

The ride command unit is 1800. i am going to send the OEM until to Polaris for testing. But for now I have no radio.
Any suggestions or advice?
I have a 2016 and the "radio's" am/fm not good so I use a memory stick with the USB port in the glove box. Totally OEM and the sound and volume for these $5.00 ears is just fine. Can use a memory stick? Don't know much about the new systems.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update.
Warning light is due to on board computer not getting signals to steering wheel buttons. Being that the ride command went out (for whatever reason) fault light is on. Car stereo company is on the hook right now being that they did the install. They will need to get fix the signal to clear the fault.

· Registered
2022 Polaris Slingshot SL Auto
17 Posts
Update.
Warning light is due to on board computer not getting signals to steering wheel buttons. Being that the ride command went out (for whatever reason) fault light is on. Car stereo company is on the hook right now being that they did the install. They will need to get fix the signal to clear the fault.
Please update. I am wanting the same addition to my system. Same specs as yours. I'm waiting to know what the issue was in case I need to look out for it

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upadate. So warning light is still on. Cruise control turns on but does not lock in. Not all Dash options are functional; Cannot set clock, cannot get to certain functions, not able to input code to start without key.

Car stereo installer is researching but slow. I did some hunting around and talked to (UAS) Underground Auto Styling in Sarasota FL. They offer a integration harness for 2021+ S models. They tell me it will work with all models 2021+. Also I will need a second Harness for steering wheel functions which I order from there website. Should be in this week.
I will take this to the installer and hopefully this will fix everything that is not working and take away the warning light. BTW, the warning light is on because the main computer is getting a signal from the radio but the steering wheel Is not receiving the signal from the head unit.

UAS says I will loose some of the Ride Command features like oil life and some other comfort features just because they are Ride Command only features and that is to be expected.

· Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased a 2022 R in December and have had several issues with the Ride Command. I don't believe your sound issues are related to your install. I totally think this is a Polaris issue. I've had the following Ride Command issues in my first 500 miles.
  1. Ride command screen data froze with no updates. Engine temp was showing -40 degrees. Screens would not change. Had to pull over turn off and back on for everything to work.
  2. No sound from the GPS for directions. Had to pull over and checked radio. No sound. I changed the source from FM to AM and sound came back for everything.
  3. I was out riding and the radio seemed like it wasn't as loud. Turns out no sound was coming from Left speakers. Pulled over and went into radio settings and checked the left/right fader control. It was centered. When I moved it to the Left the sound came on. Put it back in center and both speakers were now playing.
  4. While driving the Rider screens would not change in Ride Command from the steering wheel mode button. Took a video to be able to show the dealer.
Based on the problems I'm having and what your having I think Polaris knows they have a software glitch in the Ride Command and don't want to admit it yet until they find the fix and put out an update. I told my dealer I'm in no hurry to have it fixed right now and I will keep documenting in the Garage/Maintenance app Polaris has.

I bet there are a LOT of other people having these same kind of issues with the Ride Command

1 - 10 of 10 Posts