Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just brought a 2022 Polaris slingshot SL. July 2022. It just reach 500 miles now it is leaking like a brown oil. It’s looks like it coming from driver side underneath the slingshot.Have that ever happened to anyone. What can it be.

· Registered
5,911 Posts
Hello, I just brought a 2022 Polaris slingshot SL. July 2022. It just reach 500 miles now it is leaking like a brown oil. It’s looks like it coming from driver side underneath the slingshot.Have that ever happened to anyone. What can it be.
the 500 mile mark was the time for first service with the 2.4 ecotech Slingshot. Probably need to get into the dealer and say we got a problem. 98,000+ miles on my 2016 and not a drop of oil leaking...

· Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my S. There is a known issue regarding a part. (I don’t remember the name). Mine in is in the shop right now). Dealership said the part is on back order. They were able to order as a “VDO”..(vehicle down order) and they received the part in about 3 days. Good luck . I hope this helps.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi.
New on here, been researching slingshots.
On the verge of ordering new R until I came scross this info about leaks. Now I'm worried about dropping this kind of money on a possible underdeveloped product.
How prevalent is this leaking problem? Haven't been able to find more information anywhere else.

· Registered
5,911 Posts
Hi.
New on here, been researching slingshots.
On the verge of ordering new R until I came scross this info about leaks. Now I'm worried about dropping this kind of money on a possible underdeveloped product.
How prevalent is this leaking problem? Haven't been able to find more information anywhere else.
I bought my first Slingshot Feb 2015 and put 16,901 miles in the seat by Sept 2015 and had a major electrical problem... Would have all been handeled with warrenty but I traded for a 2016 and am about to turn 100,000 miles in the seat. I have had regular maintence done by my dealer smile every time I get in...cna't today --- raining in Northrn Indiana --- My dealer has caught and repaired minor problems before they were major. Look around for a 2015 --- 2019 Slingshot. Lots out there with low miles and fair prices. just a thought.

· Registered
331 Posts
If your looking for a perfect sli g they haven't made one yet if you include recalls. They sell thousands and if a few have leaks or other issues. I consider that normal. They will be fixed and going down the road in short time. I'm going on 108k on my 2015 and been to the dealer 4 or 5 times for recalls snd one bad episode with a melted fuse block. But I still have smiles on my face!

· Registered
3 Posts
If your looking for a perfect sli g they haven't made one yet if you include recalls. They sell thousands and if a few have leaks or other issues. I consider that normal. They will be fixed and going down the road in short time. I'm going on 108k on my 2015 and been to the dealer 4 or 5 times for recalls snd one bad episode with a melted fuse block. But I still have smiles on my face!
I got my first Harley in 75, a used 69 Electra Glide, so I'm familiar with oil leaks from a puking hog. Wrecked my last one, an 86 Tour Classic, in 13 and decided to reduce my wife's anxiety by not replacing it.
Been looking at the Slingshot ever since they came out. Finally have the funds I'm willing to drop on one and the wife really likes the looks and available upgrades of the new 22 models. So here I am trying to convince myself to pull the trigger.

· Administrator
3,097 Posts
So here I am trying to convince myself to pull the trigger.
They are really, really fun. They can be comfortable, I have 5 different windshields for the varying weather and wear goggles on longer trips to keep the wind off my eyes. I hate driving over 50 miles in a car, but 300 in a Slingshot is no problem. Admittedly I'm not stock as delivered from the factory, but you probably won't be either as you figure out what best suits your needs.

Take her for a casual test drive (no fast corners); set this up with a dealer in advance and let them know all you want that day is a test drive, you'll stop back at a later time to discuss the options. Take her out to lunch after. A nice day out for two hours is representative of a nice weekend puttering around in a Slingshot, except you meet far more people driving a Slingshot. It really is a lot of fun to take out with the wife on a weekend.

· Registered
11 Posts
They are really, really fun. They can be comfortable, I have 5 different windshields for the varying weather and wear goggles on longer trips to keep the wind off my eyes. I hate driving over 50 miles in a car, but 300 in a Slingshot is no problem. Admittedly I'm not stock as delivered from the factory, but you probably won't be either as you figure out what best suits your needs.

Take her for a casual test drive (no fast corners); set this up with a dealer in advance and let them know all you want that day is a test drive, you'll stop back at a later time to discuss the options. Take her out to lunch after. A nice day out for two hours is representative of a nice weekend puttering around in a Slingshot, except you meet far more people driving a Slingshot. It really is a lot of fun to take out with the wife on a weekend.
I just purchased a 2022 R with stock windshield. Since you have 5 windshields was there a particular model or plus size where you noticed the wind stopped buffeting your head? Considering how expensive the windshields can be I was hoping to only have to upgrade it once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts