Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
95 Posts
Belt: my belt rides on the outside like pictured above and it also makes noises when i accelerate. Charging port between the seats: I am only assuming here but i thought that it would work both ways: both for charging the battery and for plug in items. Just got my PRP seats in. What a major pain to install but they are beautiful. To me it feels like i have more leg room and getting out seems to be easier as well. I have hit the passenger gear twice when i think i was in slingshot mode. The jump/acceleration scared me so bad i took the foot off of the accelerator both times. wow what power.

Now here is my question. While on fly if you want to change from auto to manual or manual to auto can you just hit the buttons or do you need to stop first? I still want to find a good tutorial on the ride command.

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
95 Posts
another question: I know how to control the back light for the ride command. i know how to change the color of the instrument panel. but i can not figure out how to change the backlight of the instrument panel and i really have a hard time reading the gauges, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
97 Posts
The gauges are very hard to read depending on how much the Sun is shining on them. I had to go to using a speedometer app on my IPhone. I made a magnetic mount for my IPhone to attach it to the post on the dash. It always seams that when there is a speed trap down the road or a patrol car following me I can not read my speed. You are doing better then me I can only get what the dash is displaying and no matter how many times I read the instructions I can't can't get the color to change or the brightness.. I have a 2020 R.

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
95 Posts
if you press and hold the mode button those options could pop up. now i understand that the ride command brightness controls the brightness of the instrument panel so i was able to adjust it up a littgle, but the red or blue diminishes how bright it is. chances are i could do without the colors just let me see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased the 2021 R Limited (delivery Feb/March) and have a question about the interior lighting. The sales guy stated it only lights up blue, however the specs on Polaris states the interior lighting is "Interior LED Accent Lights Bi-Color LED". My understanding of a Bi-Color LED is that it can change colors. Do you have the option to change the color of the interior LED's?
No, you can't change the Leds. It is down for blue up for white and the middle is off. They are super dim.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts