Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have a 19 sl and picking up the 21 this week just need to sign the papers and trailer it back due to weather where I am. Glad you told it was a charge port between the 2 seats . The dealer told me it was to plug in heated jackets etc. I think they should have put on the older ones where the battery is in a worse location. I also set the alarm off. Unfortunately due to salt on the road I won't be able to use mine for another month. So any more up dates and differents you find let me know. Is the motor better then the gm motor. More hp but less tork is it faster off the line or slower

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have a 19 sl and picking up the 21 this week just need to sign the papers and trailer it back due to weather where I am. Glad you told it was a charge port between the 2 seats . The dealer told me it was to plug in heated jackets etc. I think they should have put on the older ones where the battery is in a worse location. I also set the alarm off. Unfortunately due to salt on the road I won't be able to use mine for another month. So any more up dates and differents you find let me know. Is the motor better then the gm motor. More hp but less tork is it faster off the line or slower
There are 2 plug-ins between the seats and a battery tender charging port under the hood on the 2021 R, we enjoy ours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are 2 plug-ins between the seats and a battery tender charging port under the hood on the 2021 R, we enjoy ours.
Yeah I look at it I thought it was sae port for that the dealer was telling me it was was for heated gear like sleds have lol🤔. Glad u like urs . How are the new designs seats for longer rides i know my back hurt after 100mi trip to the beach last summer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah I look at it I thought it was sae port for that the dealer was telling me it was was for heated gear like sleds have lol🤔. Glad u like urs . How are the new designs seats for longer rides i know my back hurt after 100mi trip to the beach last summer.
I have had 2 2020 R models one auto and one manual and now a 2021 R auto and the seats in all 3 have had about the equal comfort but I only have 296 miles on the 2021, it has already thrown 2 codes on the diagnostics screen so you may want to check your screen after you start it when cold

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had 2 2020 R models one auto and one manual and now a 2021 R auto and the seats in all 3 have had about the equal comfort but I only have 296 miles on the 2021, it has already thrown 2 codes on the diagnostics screen so you may want to check your screen after you start it when cold
That ain't good. Do you know what the codes were for. I did notice on the dash on the showroom floor it said it needs a up date. I am getting a manual so if it threw codes for the auto drive I don't think that will affect me?.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That ain't good. Do you know what the codes were for. I did notice on the dash on the showroom floor it said it needs a up date. I am getting a manual so if it threw codes for the auto drive I don't think that will affect me?.
Im about 400 miles in and no codes whatsoever. Still babying the throttle until the 500 mi break-in. Will definitely let you know after.Shifting does feel smoother and has more feedback on the 21 manual.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Where is this charging port under the hood? Is it aftermarket? If not I missed it lol.

Also for the sae port between the seats... I believe some heated gear actually have sae port adapters. You may want to do some research in that dept or check the amps that port can handle. Sucks not having the service manual yet...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where is this charging port under the hood? Is it aftermarket? If not I missed it lol.

Also for the sae port between the seats... I believe some heated gear actually have sae port adapters. You may want to do some research in that dept or check the amps that port can handle. Sucks not having the service manual yet...
Both of my new 2020's had the charging port under hood, it is the type that I use my Harley battery tender on and same one plugs into the one between the seats. If you want to send a number to me on Facebook messenger I will text you a picture of the under hood one. I have used both ports for my Harley battery tender on the 2020's and 2021. If it is aftermarket it was put on by 2 different dealers as I traded at 2 different places.
Pictures are below with this post I hope.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im about 400 miles in and no codes whatsoever. Still babying the throttle until the 500 mi break-in. Will definitely let you know after.Shifting does feel smoother and has more feedback on the 21 manual.
My codes don't show unless I have my diagnostic screen showing when I start it and once I shut it off the codes go away, it's this way each day and I tried to send you a couple of pics below of the charging port.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I pick mine 2021 up today I'm hoping I get brake in weather to brake it in shortly to get the 1st oil change done in time for spring. Is the pro star engines better then the gm and faster I know they have more hp less tork but I really like the new cockpit how they moved the cup holder add the tweeters on the dash have the interior lights larger rear tire all the small differences made me jump the gun this year on a 21.. and how easy it is to add the rear speakers basicly plug in and play.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I pick mine 2021 up today I'm hoping I get brake in weather to brake it in shortly to get the 1st oil change done in time for spring. Is the pro star engines better then the gm and faster I know they have more hp less tork but I really like the new cockpit how they moved the cup holder add the tweeters on the dash have the interior lights larger rear tire all the small differences made me jump the gun this year on a 21.. and how easy it is to add the rear speakers basicly plug in and play.
Jury is still out on the engine. I haven’t had a single problem but still need more miles.
As far as the rear speakers they are pretty easy to install. I did it before the instructions were available but they are now listed on the Polaris site

·
Registered
70 Posts
Both of my new 2020's had the charging port under hood, it is the type that I use my Harley battery tender on and same one plugs into the one between the seats. If you want to send a number to me on Facebook messenger I will text you a picture of the under hood one. I have used both ports for my Harley battery tender on the 2020's and 2021. If it is aftermarket it was put on by 2 different dealers as I traded at 2 different places.
Pictures are below with this post I hope.
I just talked to my dealer and the service dept advised me that if a new Slingshot came in and didn't have a battery tender plug on it that they did put one on it and my 2021 and last 2020 that I bought from them have one.
Did u figure out turn off the seat belt chime
I really haven't even thought about it. We went on a short ride this afternoon in the 70 degree weather after my wife clocked out from work.
My wife ordered a plug in blanket that plugs in the round plug in between the seats and it keeps her warm when in Slingshot or in her Kawasaki side by side.

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
95 Posts
pardon my ignorance, just got my 2021R. I am contemplating an alarm system, but do i really need one since i have the fob alarm. I would bet that i do but will rely on your thoughts.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
97 Posts
21 - 40 of 47 Posts