Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Over the weekend I purchased a Stealth Blue 2021 Slingshot R. I previously had a 2019 SL which now has a great new home. After purchase like many of us here I went digging to find changes from the 2019 and 2020 models so here is my list!

1. The battery is now in the front of the slingshot! Under the hood toward the front of the passenger side.

2. The rear sprocket/pulley only has the guardrail on the inside(tire side) and it’s doesn’t have the rail on the outside. At the dealership I noticed that this was only present on the R models and the SL and S pulleys/sprocket both had the guardrails on both sides. Not sure if the 2020 is the same?

3. There is now a battery tender port behind the 12v receptacle between the seats.

4. Tweeters are now on the dashboard

5. There is now a USB port in the phone storage area and another in the glove box

6. CarPlay is present and requires a headset. I purchased a 12v Bluetooth receiver (Anker Roav) plugged it into the 12v in the glove box and circumvented that need. I’ll pull over if I want to chat(or wear my full face helmet) but in the Sling I’m busy escaping Alcatraz burning rubber

7. Suspension feels good but is no longer adjustable :(

8. Wheels are no longer forged unless you buy the limited edition

Will post more when I dig more :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased the 2021 R Limited (delivery Feb/March) and have a question about the interior lighting. The sales guy stated it only lights up blue, however the specs on Polaris states the interior lighting is "Interior LED Accent Lights Bi-Color LED". My understanding of a Bi-Color LED is that it can change colors. Do you have the option to change the color of the interior LED's?

Reactions: 1SG

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just purchased the 2021 R Limited (delivery Feb/March) and have a question about the interior lighting. The sales guy stated it only lights up blue, however the specs on Polaris states the interior lighting is "Interior LED Accent Lights Bi-Color LED". My understanding of a Bi-Color LED is that it can change colors. Do you have the option to change the color of the interior LED's?
The switch that controls the interior LED is actually a 3-way switch in my 2021R. Up is a white light while down is a blue light and center is Off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes my 2020 battery is located in the front right hand corner of the engine compartment. Also the light is 3 position being blue/off/white.
Does your 2020 also only have one lip on the rear pulley/sprocket. I only saw this on the R as the 21 SL has a lip on both sides. My belt howls a bit under acceleration as well. Might be belt tension though

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both sides. I get some belt squeals when I get on it a little. I don't know if it is normal I just getting used to all the odd noises this thing makes. Probably makes more then I am hearing as it have a 85 db hearing loss thanks to the Navy and probably a lot of loud rock n roll music.
Here is a pic of mine. There were 2 R models in the showroom and they both look like this so I thought it was normal but still unsure. Maybe another 2021 R will chime in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a significant whine/whistle on acceleration that gets louder with additional weight. Seems like the belt may need to be adjusted but the 2021 service manual is not available. How did folks do it in the early days call Polaris for specs? I’m not sure where the belt should ride. The two 2021 R that I saw at the deal both had the belt on the outward side of the sprocket but not sure if this is correct. Based on the older manual it seems the belt placement causes noise on acceleration or deceleration if it’s in the wrong place. The whistle is loud and high pitched and goes away if I let off the throttle. If it wasn’t so annoying I wouldn’t even care

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
You may want to try spraying on some dry lubricant to the belt first to see if it quiets down, our belt tends to squeal when colder and quiets down as the belt warms and tightens. Otherwise, I PM'd you a copy of the 2015 service manual so you can research how we adjust the drive belt on our older models, though I am not sure how relevant it is to the newer models. Here is further associated information. Belt alignment, Belt shifting.
Bill

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey All,

Over the weekend I purchased a Stealth Blue 2021 Slingshot R. I previously had a 2019 SL which now has a great new home. After purchase like many of us here I went digging to find changes from the 2019 and 2020 models so here is my list!

1. The battery is now in the front of the slingshot! Under the hood toward the front of the passenger side.

2. The rear sprocket/pulley only has the guardrail on the inside(tire side) and it’s doesn’t have the rail on the outside. At the dealership I noticed that this was only present on the R models and the SL and S pulleys/sprocket both had the guardrails on both sides. Not sure if the 2020 is the same?

3. There is now a battery tender port behind the 12v receptacle between the seats.

4. Tweeters are now on the dashboard

5. There is now a USB port in the phone storage area and another in the glove box

6. CarPlay is present and requires a headset. I purchased a 12v Bluetooth receiver (Anker Roav) plugged it into the 12v in the glove box and circumvented that need. I’ll pull over if I want to chat(or wear my full face helmet) but in the Sling I’m busy escaping Alcatraz burning rubber

7. Suspension feels good but is no longer adjustable :(

8. Wheels are no longer forged unless you buy the limited edition

Will post more when I dig more :)

View attachment 185004 View attachment 185005 View attachment 185006 View attachment 185007
I have the 2021 R Blue and Orange and we love it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts