Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks I am 5"11 and was thinking the 11" as well. The double is tempting.
I live in CA. We had a super hot ride across the desert with the 13" on and we just about died from heat stroke. So I removed the windshield und just kept the inner bubbles (similar, but not the same as the double). This was fine for riding around town in the heat, but there was almost no air deflection A couple of weeks later (in July) we went on a ride from San Diego to Monterrey and I was too lazy to put the new 11" windshield on before the ride. Not only did we freeze half to death riding up the coast (if you have ridden the NorCal coast in summer, you may understand), but the buffeting was horrible. I don't know how close the double is to that experience, but I was so happy when I got my 11" installed right after the trip.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
When I still had my MadStad Single Adjustable 13" Windshield, I was able to either look over the windshield by slightly lifting my head or l;ook thru the windshield during normal conditions. The only reason I changed to the NASCAR Style Tallboy Plus 2 from AllThingsSlingshot was my Innovate SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge started occasionally losing the AFR display and I was cocnerend rain might come under the windshield and cause more problems with my AFR/Boost gauge. I had modded my MadStad 13" SIngle Adjustable windshield by drilling a second set of mounting holes above the stock mounting holes to allow me to lower the windshield and further reduce air coming under the windshield. I made the new holes about 1.5-1.75" above the stock holes and probably should have made them around 1" higher since the holes I drilled placed the lower edge of the windshield so low that I needed to raise the windshield to avoid hitting the hood with the windshield when opening the hood.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts