Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum, i rented a slingshot in Clearwater FL the machine while driving threw on the check engine light. The rental company wouldn’t refund my deposit I took pictures of the codes. Can’t find what they are online

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum, i rented a slingshot in Clearwater FL the machine while driving threw on the check engine light. The rental company wouldn’t refund my deposit I took pictures of the codes. Can’t find what they are online View attachment 186633
View attachment 186632
The Slingshots have been showing a variety of codes over the years. Usually a couple of on/off cycles will clear the code. Most of them you can drive on with out any problem. Sorry you had the problem ... I bought in Feb 2015 and have 106,000+ miles in the seat. and Love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Slingshots have been showing a variety of codes over the years. Usually a couple of on/off cycles will clear the code. Most of them you can drive on with out any problem. Sorry you had the problem ... I bought in Feb 2015 and have 106,000+ miles in the seat. and Love it.
I for got to mention it went into “limp” mode and only did 45mph max

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I for got to mention it went into “limp” mode and only did 45mph max
With that imput should have been able to take a second one out for the day... My 2016 does not have a 'limp' mode and has never left me beside the road. I also have a great dealership and tech that take good care of me.

I you looking to buy I would say look at the 2015 --- 2019 used, lots out there at a good price with low miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With that imput should have been able to take a second one out for the day... My 2016 does not have a 'limp' mode and has never left me beside the road. I also have a great dealership and tech that take good care of me.

I you looking to buy I would say look at the 2015 --- 2019 used, lots out there at a good price with low miles.
I’m looking to find out what the codes are they kept my $500 deposit. It was definitely fun! Rented for 24 hours had it for a total of 6hrs but they are trying to say im responsible for their check engine light. I legit drove it, didn’t fuel it up or anything “foul”

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really don't see how they can charge you for a check engine light. There must be some very small print in that contract. If they happen to have a problem with the SS and could clear the code re rent the SS to another customer just to have the code resat they can easily keep their $500 also and the run time is 6 hours not 24. I have never heard of a rental company charging for check engine lights plus a 2021 should be under warranty if it had a problem with no charge to the owner. Good luck hope there is some way for you to get your $ back . Maybe by chance there is an SS owner on this form that has some legal advice.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I'd check your rental agreement to see if it specifically states you are responsible for an error code that could well be due to a failure or momentary problem. I'd also recommend you talk to your credit card company about the charge. maybe one of the Slingshot dealers on here can offer more info on that error code and likely causes. I'd want to contest the lack of refund for a vehicle you couldn't even use for the rental period.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum, i rented a slingshot in Clearwater FL the machine while driving threw on the check engine light. The rental company wouldn’t refund my deposit I took pictures of the codes. Can’t find what they are online View attachment 186633
View attachment 186632
View attachment 186632
I get a snarky code from time to time. I disconnect the battery for a few minutes and they go away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts