Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the rack at the dealership; they said it's a big job. At this point I guess it's wait a see. Dealership had to order a lift just for this job. Over 3 weeks to get to this.point.
View attachment 185715
Where are you located? Mines doing the same thing with less than 750 miles on it! They made notes at my 500 service! Topped it off, and it started again! 2021 Slingshot S!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's kind of crazy this can't be corrected, it's been a problem from day one it seems? My dealer said the seal usually is a 3-4 hour job. My issue is a secondary leak from the motor front cover and that requires the engine and trans to be removed, about 2-3 day range.. All I know is its not right to have paid for these vehicles only to have them sit in the shop. Especially if your riding season isn't all year and the summer weeks are clicking by. My best guess right now is it will be in the shop close to a month by the time I get it back. I feel like Polaris should do something to compensate for this...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I emailed Polaris with my complaint about how long this repair is taking and asked for some kind of compensation, they said they would send me a "good will coupon"... I can just imagine what that might be. Meanwhile one month in the shop and was told someone quit last week so they are backed up and the repair will be delayed again! I asked for a firm ETA and I'm waiting on that response now. I was hopeful I would have it back, but since it's Tuesday and they are saying more delays who knows anymore?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts