Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I,m so excited, whats good for Slingshot sales, is good for current owners. Surely the news is just that a new automatic version is now available, and not the discontinuation of the 2.4's That's my bet anyway , and if so, it's great news for the industry. An Automatic will open up new sales to people who would consider a standard transmission too much of a hurdle for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I,m so excited, whats good for Slingshot sales, is good for current owners. Surely the news is just that a new automatic version is now available, and not the discontinuation of the 2.4's That's my bet anyway , and if so, it's great news for the industry. An Automatic will open up new sales to people who would consider a standard transmission too much of a hurdle for them.
Yep me too I have always thought the lack of auto trans has hindered there sails I believe that is why the spyder sales went so well there are many with disabilities that can not drive a stick without expensive mods.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
A new motor with auto would bring in new people and the new motor might bring in some current owners who are ready for a change. I'm wondering how many more of the 2.4's they have in stock since they GM stopped making them back in "13...or thereabouts. I remember someone way back saying they thought Polaris bought something like 80,000 2.4's that GM had in a warehouse..........no idea then or now if there was any truth to this. Out of curiosity, anyone know how many Slingshots have been made?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I am really hoping that Polaris makes radical changes to the SlingShot, thus keeping our 2015 that much more unique and distinctive!

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just saw this posted to facebook can't wait till full release.
Smart move for Polaris. Bad move for those who didn’t pay attention and are now trying to sell with the conversion. Do your research. Interesting how this among many others went up for sale right after the 2020 patents were released. https://motorcycles.autotrader.com/motorcycles/2018/polaris/slingshot/200770341
Just saw this posted to facebook can't wait till full release.
This tells people nothing except they re-molded some plastic and put some LED’s in. Thanks Polaris. ;) What I’m wondering us why dealers and private sellers are still asking $25,000-$30,000 for USED 2018/2019 SLR’s. There is currently a $4,000 cash rebate on NEW 2018/2019 SLR’s with ZERO miles ZERO owners. These SS’s sure as heck don’t have 10-15k in factory options.

It’s not like trying to rob an ATM at the Special Olympics. But it’s very close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts