Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Wondering if I can get some advice. I am looking at a 2020 Slingshot "R" with 19,200 miles. manual transmission. Pretty much stock and in very nice condition. It is the model with the Blue and Black paint scheme. Very attractive to look at (IMO).

Any idea what this is worth? The seller is looking for $27,500. I did some research and it appears that it was just under $31K brand new. Anything specific to look for when buying used?

Thanks so much for the help!

Mike

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Hi All.

Wondering if I can get some advice. I am looking at a 2020 Slingshot "R" with 19,200 miles. manual transmission. Pretty much stock and in very nice condition. It is the model with the Blue and Black paint scheme. Very attractive to look at (IMO).

Any idea what this is worth? The seller is looking for $27,500. I did some research and it appears that it was just under $31K brand new. Anything specific to look for when buying used?

Thanks so much for the help!

Mike
Mike at this point in time prices are just out of sight. You might be better off buying new and taking the warrentee that comes with it.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Thanks guys. What is the price where this would make sense? I like the model and it is close-by and available. Would the 19,200 miles be something to be concerned about?
Does this unit have the GM Ecotec moter? I have 100,200+ miles on my 2016 and it pers like a kitten and runs smooth. The new Polaris motor not real good and not tested long term.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Uh gm engine hundred of thousands out there and tested, polaris new engine in 2020. Save 10k or more buying used. Stopped by dealer today and he agreed the new slings are not much different then the older ones.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
It has the new polaris engine. Am I better off with the pre-2020 GM engines?
If you are buying used back down to a Slingshot with the GM 2.4... Lots out there for sale and as the weather gets colder more come up for sale. If you are willing to travel a little some real good deal. Where are you located and how far are you will to travel? Lot of us who have been around for a while would be glad to look one over if you fine one close to 'me'.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm in Maine. Not any slings available up this way. I flew to SC to buy my Goldwing and drove it back because the dealers up here do not deal. If your serious about buying I'd do the same. There are plenty of used slings. Don't let distance be thecdeal breaker.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Thanks EJ, much appreciated. I'm in MA, willing to go at least 100 miles for the right unit.
My dealer is 120 miles away... There are some closer but not better. I drive the Slingshot 120 miles (one way) for the oil change....NO I would not drive my Lincoln Navagtor that far for a oil change, but my Slingshot dealer takes very good care of me. And has for over 116,000 miles. I do have a friend who drove from La Porte, IN to MA or NH to by and bring back a Slingshot. He had never riden a motorcycle and one day I stopped by his shop to collect a little donation for a charity and took him for a ride in my Slingshot---got back to the shop and tossed him the key and said your turn...we were out 20 minutes and when we got back his comment was "if they every build one in 'burnt orange' I will have to buy it. That was May of 2015 and Burnt Orange was the special addition for 2015 with very few made and they were not built yet but were most already sold. I kept my eye open for him and found one that was used in Eastern VA --- five minutes after he called we made plans to drive out and pick it up. He is crazy and now has 6 Slingshots in his 'stable'. But that's another story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All. Wondering if I can get some advice. I am looking at a 2020 Slingshot "R" with 19,200 miles. manual transmission. Pretty much stock and in very nice condition. It is the model with the Blue and Black paint scheme. Very attractive to look at (IMO). Any idea what this is worth? The seller is looking for $27,500. I did some research and it appears that it was just under $31K brand new. Anything specific to look for when buying used? Thanks so much for the help! Mike
Hi Mike I have a 2019 S (black and white) with almost 18,000 miles for sale. Asking price $21k. Call or text me for pics/details. Larry 202-439-8041

1 - 15 of 15 Posts