Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted corporate and they told me to have the dealer open a (ask Polaris case) which I’ve done this morning. I’m attempting to have the dealer and corporate communicate with each other and remove me from the middle so that this issue can be resolved quickly. I’ll keep you posted. Thx

·
Registered
45 Posts
I contacted corporate and they told me to have the dealer open a (ask Polaris case) which I’ve done this morning. I’m attempting to have the dealer and corporate communicate with each other and remove me from the middle so that this issue can be resolved quickly. I’ll keep you posted. Thx
I just retested mine and it is indeed still working. So apparently I am not seeing your issue. Sorry. Hope you get it resolved. I will be interested in knowing what it was. Thank You

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received a return call from the dealer, corporate told him that you have to wait 90 seconds after you set the alarm with the FOB. Then while the FOB is not in close proximity, if you depress the clutch or press the ignition button the horn should sound and the lights should flash to alert possible thieves. Still no luck, I’ll call them again on tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
As I posted in another thread I took mine to the dealer last week and he turned on the system. The horn sounds and the lights flash when lock is pushed. This week it is no longer working again. Don
Covid gremlin messing with you.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
EJ that I can believe. The red light on the fob does light up when you press lock yet but unless it has turned into a silent alarm it isn't working. I haven't went out and tried to steal it lately but did drive it today like I did steal it. Also besides what Chasep327 said when mine worked you could not enter a pin code. Don

·
Registered
45 Posts
EJ that I can believe. The red light on the fob does light up when you press lock yet but unless it has turned into a silent alarm it isn't working. I haven't went out and tried to steal it lately but did drive it today like I did steal it. Also besides what Chasep327 said when mine worked you could not enter a pin code. Don
Hmm mine has not stopped working at least not yet. Hopefully you get your issue resolved maybe some kind of backup battery is defective

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
Well EJ mentioned gremlins which reminded me when I got my Harley years ago a friend gave me this little bell to hang on it. Said it kept Road Gremlins from jumping on your bike. I wonder if that works for slingshots. If so I am going to remove it before i sell the Harley. Don

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Well EJ mentioned gremlins which reminded me when I got my Harley years ago a friend gave me this little bell to hang on it. Said it kept Road Gremlins from jumping on your bike. I wonder if that works for slingshots. If so I am going to remove it before i sell the Harley. Don
For a "Gremlin Bell" to keep you safe it must be a gift for a friend. I got two bells on the Slingshot.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
Mine was a gift from one of the guys I played disc golf with. The five of us that played to gather every week were all motor cycle riders. The guy that gave me the bell was 91 at hte time and had rode since he was a kid. I guess I will move that bell as it means a lot to me and the person that buys the bike probably won't even know what it is if he even sees it where it is hanging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After 7 days your fob disconnects from Slingshot computer. The way I have found to reconnect on my own:

Press the start button twice to turn on Accessory mode. Next, activate the turn signals and then turn the high beam headlight on and off. Press the start button once to turn accessory mode off.

Now your fob should activate/deactivate the alarm again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2020 Slingshot R (Manual) and have a question about the built in security system. when I press the lock or unlock button on the FOB nothing happens. I know the FOB works as I can start the slingshot when I have it in the vehicle and if I do not it won't start. Did the dealer forget to do something to make this work. I asked them and they did not know anything about how to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.
i have the same problem with my 2020 SL Autodrive ! works from time to time ! but not consistently ! maybe ne software release in December 2020 gixes it !! Anyone try the new doftware ? Supposed to fix Autodrive shifting somewhat and add support for the paddle shifters with the new hardware kit !

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the same problem with my 2020 SL Autodrive ! works from time to time ! but not consistently ! maybe ne software release in December 2020 gixes it !! Anyone try the new doftware ? Supposed to fix Autodrive shifting somewhat and add support for the paddle shifters with the new hardware kit !
I, unfortunate as I have no autodrive, have the new software, but I can't test autodrive for you. Sorry. I have no issues with the software itself.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
Yes I have the the Autodrive and it made a remarkable change to the shifting. I was the one that posted my brand new SS R Autodrive spent more then 6 weeks at the dealers while Polaris came up with the new software. My dealer Holeshot Powersports was working almost daily with the engineer at Polaris on the Autodrive shifting into neutral while driving. I filed a report that got the ball rolling as the new fix had to be approved by the DOT. I am thinking about the paddle shifters and at $400 seams worth it. It is a dealer install and $140 a hour labor don't seam worth it. I sure don't want to be the first one my dealer installs. Don

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got my 2020 auto back from the dealer yesterday for my pvc recall and got the securiy fixed. Asked him why sometimes it worked, other times not. He said he completely discharged the ECM. There are four slots available for FOB's. On the laptop he filled all 4 slot s with my current fob. Now the ECM won't drop into a slot that has nothing there, now it does. Back in business!

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
94 Posts
Thanks I will tell my dealer that as mine has to be reset every few days. I have gotten petty good at it. Punch start twice then right turn signal then left then high beams then low beams and it it back working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a fairly new slingshot owner, I have a 2020 R that I purchased in September. And I also have a problem with the factory alarm. I finally got the Dealer to program the key fob via computer, I had to contact corporate. The manual reads that once it is activated using the fob the lights should flash and the horn should blow if the clutch is depressed or the ignition button is press. But it doesn't work, the Dealer is stumped. Any suggestions?
I bought a 2020 R in December . I upgraded the firmware and upload the maps. I couldn't get the security alarm to work. I took it back to the dealer, they connected a computer and found the alarm was activated but they could not get it to work. I found that if I locked alarm with the wireless fob and took the fob out of range then depressed the clutch the alarm would go off in one minute and 8 seconds later. I raised the hood and the alarm doesn't go off. I added an alarm to the driver's seat that will go off when the seat is push back off steering wheel. I plan on purchasing an alarm with motion detector. At 700 miles I ran over a brick in the middle of the highway and warped the rear rim, cost $900.00.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts