Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Slingshot R (Manual) and have a question about the built in security system. when I press the lock or unlock button on the FOB nothing happens. I know the FOB works as I can start the slingshot when I have it in the vehicle and if I do not it won't start. Did the dealer forget to do something to make this work. I asked them and they did not know anything about how to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I have a 2020 Slingshot R (Manual) and have a question about the built in security system. when I press the lock or unlock button on the FOB nothing happens. I know the FOB works as I can start the slingshot when I have it in the vehicle and if I do not it won't start. Did the dealer forget to do something to make this work. I asked them and they did not know anything about how to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.
My Slingshot is a 2016... and it took dealers a LONGGGGGG time to figure out some of the problems with them. I don't know your problem but stay on you dealer until the problem is fixed. Most of the dealer are pretty good ...hope you got one of those.

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity".

·
Registered
5 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
The same thing happened to me when I got my 2020 Model R. You need to get it to the dealer and have them program the FOB with a personal number for you and also activate it. After that, it should work. That's my experience. You will know if it is working from the feedback your Sling gives you after you press the button on the FOB.
Also, after they program a personal number (don't forget it), if you lose or missplace your FOB, you can still start your Sling with your personal number (PIN).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The same thing happened to me when I got my 2020 Model R. You need to get it to the dealer and have them program the FOB with a personal number for you and also activate it. After that, it should work. That's my experience. You will know if it is working from the feedback your Sling gives you after you press the button on the FOB.
Also, after they program a personal number (don't forget it), if you lose or missplace your FOB, you can still start your Sling with your personal number (PIN).
Thanks for the help, I took it back already to get the passcode reprogrammed, took them a while to figure out the factory PIN, then I was able to change that. I guess they did not know they had to program the FOB since it started the slingshot, well another trip to the dealer it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
Nice!!! Thanks for pointing this out!! I just got my 2020 R manual transmission and noticed the same thing! I will get it resolved. Thank You so much for this conversation

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!!! Thanks for pointing this out!! I just got my 2020 R manual transmission and noticed the same thing! I will get it resolved. Thank You so much for this conversation
Please let me know if your able to get your security system working and validate the process. That way I can tell my dealer what is needed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2020SL does the same thing. Thought it might be a software problem. My dealer had to update the software to the 2021 model to get the navigation to work and I thought that would sort it out, but it didn't. I put it away for the winter. In the spring I need to bring it back to the dealer for the PCV upgrade. I will see if they have a fix for it then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sure will
I took my 2020 R to my dealer yesterday for the security fob issue and they opened a case with Polaris as the "fix" was not obvious to any of us. However, we all agreed the Lock/Unlock was not working. Stay tuned. My dealer is only 2 miles from me so I can go in/out anytime.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
Yes your 2020 has a built in alarm. It has to be activated by the dealer. If they still refuse call Polaris and have them call the dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They did not refuse it was an issue of what the problem is as the fob proximity feature is working.
I took mine to another dealer tonight and they knew what needed to be done. The tech hooked his laptop to it and just had to activate the security system. It took him less then 5 minutes and he did it in the parking lot. Hope this helps everyone that has the same issue, still seems like many dealers do know they need to do this when selling 2020 models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I took mine to another dealer tonight and they knew what needed to be done. The tech hooked his laptop to it and just had to activate the security system. It took him less then 5 minutes and he did it in the parking lot. Hope this helps everyone that has the same issue, still seems like many dealers do know they need to do this when selling 2020 models.
Agree, i need to take it in again. Polaris confirmed it needs to be done from a computer at the dealer. Thank You for your post

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
For those of us who have been around for a while and been thru all the little problems with this great new machine it's been the owners/riders teaching Polaris and the dealer/techs how to make this thing run. I have a 2016 with 80,000+ miles on it because my 2015 --- bought in Feb 2015 --- had a 'cooked' fuse box that was caused by the headlight problem that shortly after my problem all the Slingshot were recalled. Mined failed in Sept 2015 with 16,907 miles --- my dealer treated me "right" with a trade to a 2016. I have enjoyed every mile/smile and meeting Slingers from all over the USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a fairly new slingshot owner, I have a 2020 R that I purchased in September. And I also have a problem with the factory alarm. I finally got the Dealer to program the key fob via computer, I had to contact corporate. The manual reads that once it is activated using the fob the lights should flash and the horn should blow if the clutch is depressed or the ignition button is press. But it doesn't work, the Dealer is stumped. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have not seen that issue, but I need to check it again maybe its an issue now. When I got mine programmed by my dealer it worked and it activatates via the fob, but I have not re-tried setting it off myself. I will need to check. Mine is a 2020 R from mid November.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm a fairly new slingshot owner, I have a 2020 R that I purchased in September. And I also have a problem with the factory alarm. I finally got the Dealer to program the key fob via computer, I had to contact corporate. The manual reads that once it is activated using the fob the lights should flash and the horn should blow if the clutch is depressed or the ignition button is press. But it doesn't work, the Dealer is stumped. Any suggestions?
This is a dumb thought, but I wonder did you try setting it off with the fob in the vicinity or completely away from the Sling after you turned on the alarm? Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I separated the FOB from the Slingshot and the alarm didn’t work as designed. Then I returned to the Dealer and had him to duplicate the same thing (with the vehicle separated from the FOB) and he also verified that the alarm was not functioning properly. I once again (for the fourth time) contacted corporate and the want the dealer to contact them. I’ve been going in circles with this issue but I’m not giving up.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
77 Posts
As I posted in another thread I took mine to the dealer last week and he turned on the system. The horn sounds and the lights flash when lock is pushed. This week it is no longer working again. Don

1 - 20 of 38 Posts