Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
My dealer gave me a "yellow" stickie with a passcode. I changed it before leaving the lot. I don't know if I have the master code or not.
My only concern is being somewhere and having the battery code dead or require replacement. Doing that will reset the passcode back to the hardcoded master.

What they should do is allow you to text in and retrieve it, based on your VIN. They could use 2 factor authentication. That would make it safer than more ATM cards.
Well, if it changes back, you have the passcode on the yellow stickie right? Just do it all over, or go back to the dealer and download the passcode again.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
439 Posts
Your dealer should have written down the original code that came on the Slingshot. That would be the code you would need in an emergency if something got reset or you forgot your newly made code. Worst case, a dealer would need to plug in to unlock it and give you the code again. Try not to forget the code (store it in your phone, put it on something on the Sling in a somewhat hidden place, etc).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just picked up my 2020 R and in the manual it states you should change your security code by entering the “Master Code” my dealer didn’t know what I was as talking about. But it clearly states it in the manual.
The reason for it is if you lose your proximity fob you can enter your code to start the unit.
Anyone familiar with this?
I was given the code by my dealer ! Most likely you can get it from Polaris Support, if dealer incompetent !

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't get it why too many dealers are not putting this number in the manual. This is what Slingshot told me when I had the same issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked up my 2020 R and in the manual it states you should change your security code by entering the “Master Code” my dealer didn’t know what I was as talking about. But it clearly states it in the manual.
The reason for it is if you lose your proximity fob you can enter your code to start the unit.
Anyone familiar with this?
Have you had code U220 torque request message counter error show on your slingshot as I have on my 2021 R?

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
785 Posts
My model number only has 2 numeric digits and the rest are alpha. Tried the last 4 of the vin. Dealer rep is working on it too!

metal fob tag didn’t work, last 4 of numerous other fob identifiers didn’t work ..... big mystery. Hop my remote battery doesn’t die! Ha!
update - got my first service and they gave me the master code and I changed my personal pass code. All is good now. The dealers need to be trained on the new features on the 2020 and later models!

Reactions: EjFord
21 - 30 of 30 Posts