Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry Folks, I have found from New Owners of 2020 Slingshots that the Owners Manual is "Dead Wrong" and also no usable information exits for Ride Command for the 2020 Year models, all information is for up to 2019 models. I am sorry to present this thread with incorrect information. I suggest you use it as an aid to help understand that New Model years information may lag reality. I have deleted the video, but will leave all information and links of information up. Just beware and investigate on your own for the information that you will
I know there are some folks that are looking at the 2020 Polaris Slingshot and trying to decide if it is for them. Information is what you need to answer that question. I made this video for you to help answer some questions you may not have thought to ask. I take the 2020 Slingshot Owners Manual and go thru the key elements to give you a basic look that will let you see areas maybe not thought of. You can do the same thing and go further by clicking on my Owners Manual list for the 2020 model and view for yourself. Look at link below
2015 - 2020 Owners Manual Links

For now, take a look at what I found in the Owners Manual for the 2020 model Slingshot.
Youtube Video
2020 Slingshot Owners Manual Review

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2020 SL and know for a fact this manual is DEAD WRONG about a lot of the info in it. Most of it applies to previous slingshots. They could do better. Also no mention of how the ride command works.

·
2,333 Posts
I have a 2020 SL and know for a fact this manual is DEAD WRONG about a lot of the info in it. Most of it applies to previous slingshots. They could do better. Also no mention of how the ride command works.
Yup, helps to actually own one to know what is and isn't correct as well as what's missing before trying to educate others .......

But hey.. whatever it takes to drive people to monetized videos I guess ........ :rolleyes:

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ChaneyD This is a good opportunity to help folks looking at the 2020 Slingshot. It would be great for folks that own a 2020 to point out things wrong in the manual for them to get a better look at the new model. The manual that is published is the only source of information that we can look at to see some of the features and operation instructions. Our goal on this forum is to provide help as we can. Let's help the folks that are interested in the Slingshot by giving them the information we find in conflict or give additional information you have found that may help. I have no way of know what is wrong in the 2020 models owner manual, I do not own one. My knowledge is for the 2015 and 2017 models that I owned and enjoyed. I found both year owners manuals very helpful and read them both. I think the owners manuals are a good place to find out some things to increase your knowledge base. As guest view our threads for information about the 2020 models, become a member and ask questions of the people that own the 2020 models what they like and dislike about the models. There are a number of members that have testimonies of their ownership.
Good luck.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not sure if it's out there, but I would find it very helpful to have a Ride Command manual.
I did find Ride Command Manual for earlier models, but no 2020 model. I agree, this is something that would be needed to fully enjoy the Ride Command features. Try looking at earlier User manuals as a guide. Good Luck.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am learning more about the Ride Command Feature for the Slinghsot. It really takes an app and there is no real manual, The app and the account your create will be your main guiding force from what I am reading. I am only searching on line and trying to understand so I can present what I find for you to go further and download the app on your smart device and begin the process to access the features. Here is your first link that will get you started. I agree, this is not easy like just reading an owners manual. The app will be the secret and the account access to unlock things.

Read all you can on this link and follow the links and advice about downloading the app. Good Luck

Now here is a link that you are directed to go to from the previous link. This will require the App, I can not help further as I do not have a smart phone. I hope someone with more knowledge will pick up the ball and help here. It would be helpful if someone would make a video tutorial. I would if I had a 2020 with ride command.
This link gives you a link to the apple app store to get your app Ride Command. The ball is in your court now, please someone give us more feedback.

Now when you get to the App Store, here is what you should be looking for, I believe..

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ChaneyD, Please review what I have found about Ride Command for the Slingshot. The reason, there is not a lot of detailed information in the Owners Manual is that this is an spp and software that requires the app to perform all the steps. I am finding just by searching that Ride Command is for all types of Polaris Vehicles not just a system made for the Slingshot. There are a number of places as you read that and App and an account are necessary to begin using the features. I hope you will use this as an opportunity to investigate this with your 2020 Sl model and let us know what you find. I am at a dead in to give any more info. Thanks for bring this issue up, I did not know much about it and now I see why Apps are functional programs that guide you through setup with menus and such. No owners manual needed. I will be standing by to see what you find.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, helps to actually own one to know what is and isn't correct as well as what's missing before trying to educate others .......

But hey.. whatever it takes to drive people to monetized videos I guess ........ :rolleyes:

@Orangeman I agree, I do not own 2020 Slingshot, but I feel the owners manual is a good place for people that are looking at the Slingshot for possible purchase may want to see what they can learn from viewing it. Most folks never look at an owners manual. @ChaneyD owns a 2020 and found problems and I think the big thing was no information on the Ride Command. I have looked into that due to his question. I have posted my findings. If you own a 2020 model could you help us understand more about the Ride Command feature and the App that controls it. I never new it needed an app to work. I agree, I do not have a lot of knowledge about the 2020 models, but I am trying to present what I can find to the people looking. I know you from another forum and know you are a high level knowledgeable Slingshot Owner. I am asking for your input into the Ride Command Feature for the new folks. Thanks.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, update on information for Ride Command. After searching and hunting I did find the Ride Command Owners Manual. This may be a good guide to help navigate the use of the screen views, buttons and Ride Command App. Again, I can only help with finding information that is available online for aids with understanding and using Ride Command. This is just another piece of information to help. As I have searched the forum, I find that a lot of owners are lost with how to use the features of Ride Command. I can not find a document that would walk you through the steps of setting up Ride Command from start to finish and how to accomplish all the functions using the App. See if this link will help.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have taken another step to help gather information for owners wanting more information about Ride Command. I performed a search for "Ride Command" on our forum threads. Got a list of over 400 responses. I have saved them in a link for you to review. You can click on the post and review the discussions. Good Luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I appreciate all the help guys. However, this manual has a copyright date of 2016 and is pretty much useless for the 2020 slingshot. Graphics, button locations, etc. Need an updated manual for sure.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I appreciate all the help guys. However, this manual has a copyright date of 2016 and is pretty much useless for the 2020 slingshot. Graphics, button locations, etc. Need an updated manual for sure.
I saw that, but was hoping some information would be useful to get a starting point. That is what comes up when searching for Ride Command Manual. I really believe the app will be a big help along with an account. I would think there will be help menus for support. Good Luck. Also, be sure to review the links to the Ride Command Websites that direct you to use and download the Ride Command App.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Again, the ride command online is too outdated to apply to any Slingshot past 2019 which isn't much help.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again, the ride command online is too outdated to apply to any Slingshot past 2019 which isn't much help.
Thanks for your input on this subject. Then I will have to clarify that the information about Ride Command only applies to models through 2019 and 2020 has not information available for Ride Command. This is good to know so future folks will be taking a chance on buying a 2020 model and wanting to use Ride Command at the full potential. I have found that the 2020 Owners Manual also talks of the app and going to the websites I have posted. This means that the information is totally inaccurate and wrong as you stated in the beginning post. I will delete the video and all the info I have posted. Thanks you for bring this out, no one else has said anything. I am now like you, the information in the Owners manual is not worth look at. I am sorry I posted this video, I will remove it now.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To the guest looking at this thread for information about the 2020 Slingshot, we are finding that a big part of the features of the New Slingshot, Ride Command information is missing. From new owners of the 2020 Slingshot SL model, there is no information to help set up and use the Ride Command. When you search for information, you get information that is only useful to Model years to 2019. It is reported that this information will not lead you to a successful set up and use of the system Ride Command. As you read through this thread you will see my efforts to find and display information of help. I have exhausted every effort to find help for our New 2020 Slingshot SL Member. It is also reported that the 2020 Slingshot Owners Manual is "Dead Wrong" in a lot of areas and only pertains to previous model years.
As you look at the 2020 Slingshot models, you may want to ask questions about Ride Command and is the Owners Manual corrected and can be used to follow for a New 2020 Polaris Slingshot Model. I am disappointed in this new finding from a new owner. I have been proven wrong in presenting the information I have searched the internet, found and posted as true. I was trying to help the new folks with presenting information I have found and now find it is not correct. I will discontinue my efforts to find and present information about the 2020 Polaris Slingshot. I suggest you use this thread information to determine your own way through what is not true and what is. Good Luck, hope this help in some way. I am deleting the video as I am not sure the information is correct.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your help has not gone unnoticed on this. Polaris, once again, needs to get their s**t together and support what they make a whole lot better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts