Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2020 Slingshot from Military Auto Source. Auto/Manual, doesn’t matter to me but I am being told the specs are the same as 2019...just waiting on the new color scheme. At this point, I have heard so many conflicting things only time will tell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it. I know I’m going to love it. Just thought I would share the newest rumor on the 2020

·
Registered
250 Posts
?'s would be, what specs?
1) 2019 didnt have auto/manual.
According to the release vidoes 2) headlights, 3) minor body work and reports of 4) Polaris motor.....

Be interested to hear when you take delivery.

Webby

·
2,321 Posts
Since it has not been confirmed or released you ordered a vehicle that does not yet exist .. how does that work ?

..........:unsure:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
We bought our first new car, a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am, through AAFES (Army/Air Force Exchange System) back in 1976 while stationed in Berlin, West Germany (as it was then known). At the time, the PX had a vehicle sales agent we dealt with with fixed prices at a decent savings over regular list. From this listing - https://www.shopmyexchange.com/military-autosource/6, it appears that Military Auto Source now performs the same services for military personnel outside the US. - https://militaryautosource.com/home. I was a little concerned when I saw they listed Buell as one of the manufacturers whose products they sell, but a little more research showed Buell had resumed limited production under new owners in 2018.
As far as buying the 2020 Slingshot, my main concern would be the Polaris engine and transmission, not knowing if Polaris is using a new in-house designed engine/transmission or if they are using an engine they've already had experience with. A new engine/trans means no history with the assembly, while use of an existing engine/trans at least means some corporate knowledge of the assembly. Unfortunately, the lack of specific power numbers makes it hard to identify if any existing engine/trans assembly might meet the power/performance levels offered by the current powertrain. Polaris' original choice of a GM engine with an extensive history was a strong factor in choosing the Slingshot for me and I assume, many other early purchasers.
Looking forward to finally learning the specifics of the 2020 engine and transmission offering, but my budget and existing Slingshot setup would make it hard to change to a newer model if it doesn't come reasonably close to my current performance levels.

·
Registered
250 Posts
To date,
Polaris doesnt have (even one of their boosted motors) a motor that will even come close to a boosted (turbo/SC) GM 2.4L. Which is a BIG disappointment to me. Hope they come out with one that someday becomes as proven as the GM motor.

Webby

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, 2019 is all manual. Dealer is saying same thing about the 2020. I was simply saying that if auto was a choice like the original rumor, I would be okay with it either way. I saw the same video pictures but that maybe a 2021 thing. Truth is, I had to order the Sling before my deployment ended and Polaris is behind the curve. So yeah, still in the dark but it is officially ordered. Still no word on colors for 2020.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts