Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I found a new 2019 S that I can get out the door for $20k. I am really thinking about it. I could get it today.

or I could wait for the 2020 R autodrive. It will be $32k out the door. Money isn’t a huge issue for me but who like to waste it. Lol. I would have to wait a month for this one.

Wha would you guys do?
If I were you I would go with the 2019 SL or better. You can get them at at a better price and get better options. I would wait to find one that fits what you are looking for. I think you would be alot happier if you do. I shopped around for three years,and I found a New 2019 SLR 7000.00 under retail cost. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I ordered the R-Model 2020 with a 5-Speed. It's a beast - the R gives you the extra HP 203 & it gets to sixty in 4.9 seconds. I don't get the automatic buyer... the vehicle is so connected to the road, riding just 5 inches off the road - the manual feels amazing. The transmission rivals the best I have ever driven. The vehicle with a few options topped out at $32.4k and worth every penny. I LOVE this redesign it is NIGHT AND DAY better than the 2019 - Not even close!!! It's amazing and the only gripe I have is no Sparco Shift knob this year. I am awaiting Slingmods approved aftermarket upgrade. Peace all!
What did the redesign intel and why is it better? Thank you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I,2 weeks ago bought the 2020R the R has alot of other features the SL doesn't. More horsepower and a few things that make it diffrent . I have the manual due to the issues with the auto drive shift odd and bucks from take off . But I love the R
What else does the R model have beside the extra power?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Newbie here. I am thinking about getting a 2020 R. it looks to me like an automatic is available. What do you guys think about it? $32k. I can got a new 2019 for $17k but I really like the automatic. Is the R much better than the SL? What do you get for the extra money? What do you guys think I should do? I really like the blue and the automatic.
Rent one off of “Turo”. Better to test drive one for a couple days to make sure. I drove the automatic and hated it. I’m not a great manual driver, but the automatic was unpredictable and shifty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Mike, I had the same options as you and I went with the 2019 SL and paid 23K out the door with an extended warranty(though I may void it lol) a little over a month ago. Keep in mind TTL in California is 10+%. I was torn in this decision but the reliability and knowledge base for the 2.4L GM engine won me over. There are many enthusiasts here as well an GM mechanics that can help resolve issues without going to the dealer. There is also a large aftermarket base. I do like some of the new option on the 2020 interior but I also dont hate the 2019 interior and I'm sure some of those changes will trickle down to the 2019 from vendors.

In the end it, for me it came down to the engine. The 2020 sounds great but I need a couple years for the sw and hw bugs to be dialed in before I make a purchase. I take this same route with vehicles for the most part. Let the recalls fade and pick a 2020 up once reliability is proven.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
956 Posts
Here is my video of reviewing some of the features and how some differences are built into the 2020 Polaris Slingshot.
Now I must admit, I have not seen the 2020 Models, only what I have seen on the Web and in this video I go through some of the key things about the New Slingshot that all can read about by going to the links for the 2020 Slingshot Owners Manual. Go to my Contents list on first page of this my Thread. New Owners Slingshot Information
Now let go through the 2020 Polaris Slingshot Owners Manual and see what we can find out.

2020 Polaris Slingshot Owners Manual Video Review

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the 2020 SL last week. It is an amazing machine. The auto drive is simple to work with. It shifts just like the manual. You can feel when it's ready to shift to the next gear. Sounds and acts like a regular motorcycle.I'm very pleased with it and have no complaints.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I found a new 2019 S that I can get out the door for $20k. I am really thinking about it. I could get it today.

or I could wait for the 2020 R autodrive. It will be $32k out the door. Money isn’t a huge issue for me but who like to waste it. Lol. I would have to wait a month for this one.

Wha would you guys do?
I have a 2018 SL with a Performance Autowerks auto tranny. I love that thing. I hate shifting gears. I didn't get mine to race. I can go to a drive thru and get a coke and still drive without any shifting hassles. Dave Gilbert is the guy you want to talk to at Autowerks. He is fantastic to work with. Offers several versions (stick shift, electronic pushbutton). Down side is he is in Oswego, Illinois and you have to get the SS to his shop. For me, that's an additional $1,200 in transportation costs.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts