Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The controls on the steering wheel are no longer working and I can no longer switch from comfort mode to slingshot mode and that option is not working on the Ride Command either.
I am getting two different errors under the vehicle diagnostics that are visible on the Ride Command.
1st , P1061: Operator switch status 3 abnormal update rate
2nd, U1405: Cruise control panel switches
In addition, my interior light switch is no longer working.

I have called Polaris and they've asked me to send it to the dealer and now the dealer doesn't know what is wrong and they are communicating with Polaris to try and troubleshoot this issue. Does anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The controls on the steering wheel are no longer working and I can no longer switch from comfort mode to slingshot mode and that option is not working on the Ride Command either.
I am getting two different errors under the vehicle diagnostics that are visible on the Ride Command.

I have called Polaris and they've asked me to send it to the dealer and now the dealer doesn't know what is wrong and they are communicating with Polaris to try and troubleshoot this issue. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Any dash lights on? My chassis warning light is on and I get the P1061 under diagnostics as well. That's my only code and wheel buttons are working. Dealer has opened tickets w Polaris for 2-3 weeks now and no update

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any dash lights on? My chassis warning light is on and I get the P1061 under diagnostics as well. That's my only code and wheel buttons are working. Dealer has opened tickets w Polaris for 2-3 weeks now and no update
Yes, all of my dash lights are working. Clearly this is a brand new issue for Polaris and they are still trying to figure out what's going on. My slingshot has been at the dealers for over a week now and I'm missing out on some valuable driving time. When you find something out please let me know it may help them troubleshoot what is going on on my end as well. I will do the same for you once we get this figured out I will post what the issue was and how to fix it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't mean are the lights working .. are any on (check engine or like in my case the chassis warning)
Yes, there are two lights inside the speedometer, one is a warning light and the other is the light for the cruise control, which of course is not working since none of the buttons on the steering wheel are working. The cruise control light stays on for a few minutes and then goes away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking they will end up replacing our steering wheels. Seems the P code, when plugged into Digital Wrench comes back to left and right driver input buttons or something like that which I can only assume are the wheel controls. And with your post that seems to confirm my suspicion. I'm guessing your warning light is the same as mine (exclamation point in a triangle)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that is exactly correct I am posting two pictures to show the lights and the warning codes I'm getting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While it sucks, I'm glad I'm not the only one w the P error ... So hopefully resolution will happen.

Is yours an Auto or manual?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Just heard from the dealer... "Found that the reasoning for the steering wheel controls not working, the interior lights not working, and the Slingshot mode to comfort mode using the Ride Command and steering wheel was due to a loose wire inside of a connector inside the steering wheel housing. Our technician secured the wire and replaced the fuse and everything is functioning as it should."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same here as well

Found that the reasoning for the steering wheel controls not working, the interior lights not working, and the Slingshot mode to comfort mode using the Ride Command and steering wheel was due to a loose wire inside of a connector inside the steering wheel housing. Our technician secured the wire and replaced the fuse and everything is functioning as it should.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Makes me wonder wth my dealer is doing ... I'll pass this along to them and have them look at the connectors

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you make out?
Just called them yesterday to bitch again ... Said polaris closed the ticket and they were going to look into it again. Relayed what they found on yours so we shall see. The Mrs is about to go nuclear on them if we don't get answers soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apt on Tues for them to reflash something ... But I've been in direct contact w Polaris now so we shall see. I'll know if the flash works within minutes of driving it so can tell them to stop the BS and look at the wire harness if it fails

1 - 16 of 16 Posts