Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 R SlingShot
92 Posts
I know, I know, you didn't think you would hear from me again! However, took the SS out for a couple of hours and DAMNIT I'm still hooked! And, really there is no replacement SS, all the other trikes just don't appeal to me at all! I'm going to do more research, but if Polaris HAS TRULY gotten the bugs out of this machine, I really like the looks of the 2020. Either way, I am going to sell or trade-in my 15, just don't trust it anymore, I've had so many problems with it! Appreciate your thoughts
My first SS is the 2020 R Std. I did some research and saw a lot about people suspicious of the 2020 changes. Especially the ProStar.
I continued to research, test drove some 2019s but still decided to go with the 2020R. Besides, I got a really good trade in on my Harley TriGlide.
I love the 2020R. I can't make an honest comparison to previous years since I've never owned one. But I love what I have and have had zero problems with it.
Besides the increased HP and improved cock-pit, I guess they resolved the heat issue I have read about in previous years. It is not detectable in my 2020.
To be honest, if someone were to ask me of a list of improvements I would want, the only ones I can think of would pertain to the Ride Command Infotainment system. It is one of the areas that Harley win, hands down.
But the fact that we are sitting side-by-side makes the point somewhat moot.
What I don't like to see is the contempt prior to investigation. Stuff like "I wouldn't trust that engine because it does not have a history" reads like "sour grapes".
Besides being a false statement since the ProStar does have a history, every engine was new at some point.
Actually, I am extremely impressed with the Polaris Slingshot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow- I am glad I waited for 2020. I have seen every YouTube review and read all the reviews online. Polaris fixed/improved every flaw except for the side mirrors which are still manual. The R model is amazing.
Better look, interior- steering wheel is awesome looking and in functionality and the engine- 203 HP with the improved 5-speed??

Question:...is the ambient footwell lighting included, an option or an aftermarket add on? Anyone know?

Super excited to own one by summer:)
After close to a month on order my 2020 R manual transmission arrived today!!! It is awesome. Love it!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
After close to a month on order my 2020 R manual transmission arrived today!!! It is awesome. Love it!!
Ir appears the lighting is included on the R unless you change the color. The standard in ours is white or blue depending on the toggle switch position. We are going to change the color to green as we are getting green accessories for highlighting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would love to get mine back from the dealer. Bought it the afternoon of Oct 16th and returned it the next morning with the shifting into neutral on it's own problem. Polaris has the software fix but the DOT has to OK it. Even with only having Sally for one evening and putting less then 20 miles on her I miss her. Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, I heard something about that, my dealer mentioned it, I am assuming you have the automatic transmission. I don't have that issue because I ordered a 5 speed manual transmission. Yes, I hope they can resolve that issue. Not good. Hope you get it resolved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is a auto as I just wanted to cruise around in a cool looking SS. Polaris has resolved the problem it is now up to the DOT to approve the fix as this is a dangerous safety issue. Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thing I should mention, the 2020 R manual transmission is like butter.... You do NOT need to jam or grip it like a death grip. Its amazing to shift very smooth with little effort

21 - 29 of 29 Posts