Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Wow- I am glad I waited for 2020. I have seen every YouTube review and read all the reviews online. Polaris fixed/improved every flaw except for the side mirrors which are still manual. The R model is amazing.
Better look, interior- steering wheel is awesome looking and in functionality and the engine- 203 HP with the improved 5-speed馃挭馃挭

Question:...is the ambient footwell lighting included, an option or an aftermarket add on? Anyone know?

Super excited to own one by summer:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the Build & price link (Build Color - Polaris Slingshot R) for the R, after selecting your color, you have the option of selecting Interior LED Lighting Kit in Red, yellow, Green or Orange at a price of $164.99.
Looking at the Build & price link (Build Color - Polaris Slingshot R) for the R, after selecting your color, you have the option of selecting Interior LED Lighting Kit in Red, yellow, Green or Orange at a price of $164.99.
Thank You. Geez the site is not easy to view unless I am missing something. Every option is tiny when viewing - I clicked on it to make it large. For instance - when you click the wheel package - it should place them on the big image to see what they look like. All I see is the tiny image by itself...

Scott

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ok- for those using the Build Feature to estimate price, you need to click to ADD the item/feature which then adds it to the large vehicle in the center that rotates 360 degrees. Then you simply remove it if you don鈥檛 like the look.
It鈥檚 an expensive toy sure but I will get much more use out or the Slingshot - even in NY for sunny days- than I would a boat, snowmobile or sports car like a Vette. And the open air, rad design will be way more fun!!!
S

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Placed an order inquiry today. If down payment received by Feb 15 they offer a 4 year warranty. That's nice insurance on a new engine. They do NOT know when the vehicles will be delivered - geez... They will advise when known - better be June 1st or earlier as summer and fall go quickly in Central NY!

Registered
Wow- I am glad I waited for 2020. I have seen every YouTube review and read all the reviews online. Polaris fixed/improved every flaw except for the side mirrors which are still manual. The R model is amazing.
Better look, interior- steering wheel is awesome looking and in functionality and the engine- 203 HP with the improved 5-speed馃挭馃挭

Question:...is the ambient footwell lighting included, an option or an aftermarket add on? Anyone know?

Super excited to own one by summer:)
The lighting was standard on my 18 SLR so I would imagine it still is.

Registered
I reviewed the new 2020 on the Polaris home page and have to admit, I like the led headlights but the rest is not that much of an issue. That GM ecotech 4 cylinder works for me and if I wanted to super charge it, it can be done. I would imagine that I will eventually swap out the head lights but as far as the automatic, NAH, I'll keep my manual because it is fun. Nothing else about it would make me take my already paid for 18 SLR and trade it in for a 2020. Basically, it's the same bike with some updates. It's not like going from a C7 Corvette to a C8 so I will stand down on this one.

Registered
Is either model avail with a clutch and manual shift....still don't have this clear in my mind. Find the whole release whoop de doo confusing. Prob just my old mind can't take all this new stuff in!

Registered
For 2020 Polaris is offering 2 models. The SL at around $26-27Kcomes with the lower output Polaris engine (somewhere around 178 HP and 120 lbs. ft. torque) and the R model that comes with a manual transmission 2t $30,999 or the AutoDrive transmission at $32699.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts