Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's what I started thinking after my post. Still, makes me wonder if someone couldn't throw together a kit to do the same thing on the 1st Gen Slingshots since the Slingshot already has a hydraulically-actuated clutch. If nothing else, it would be neat to see a shifthandle-mounted switch that would actuate the clutch for shifting. It seems to me that the most difficult aspect of such a setup would be the initial operation of the clutch from a stop. I may be overly-simplifying the situation, but, IIRC, similar setups have been implemented on two-wheelers to accommodate special situations. It would seem to allow a cheaper entry to semi-automatic trans operation w/o requiring a full-blown automatic transmission.
You would think there would be something you could hook up. They do pushbutton.shifts on racing motorcycles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really like the instrument cluster and the steering wheel on 2020. Not crazy about push button transmission. And right now I think you can do more with Chevy engine then Polaris. Also not crazy about the colors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This seems like a reasonably accurate review of the new Slingshot, with the rider comparing the new model to his experience in a 2018 Slingshot
This was a good read.

As an ATV/auto/driving enthusiast I appreciate the raw driving experience of my 2017 and hope that down the road the slingshot production doesn't prioritize creature comfort over pure driving experience. That being said, great improvements for 2020, notably the increased redline of 8500. What raises a flag for me is the reported dull steering feeling of the new rack.

I still love my 2017 to death!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This was a good read.

As an ATV/auto/driving enthusiast I appreciate the raw driving experience of my 2017 and hope that down the road the slingshot production doesn't prioritize creature comfort over pure driving experience. That being said, great improvements for 2020, notably the increased redline of 8500. What raises a flag for me is the reported dull steering feeling of the new rack.

I still love my 2017 to death!
I have to agree I love that you have to drive the SlingShot. It takes all the cares in the world away and you just drive.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts