Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took out my stock battery and noticed a much more robust bracket with the fuses attached to it. Has anyone installed the optima tray on a 2017?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the new stock bracket has the fuses attached to it. Was wondering where you put it for install with the optima box. Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I installed the Optima Bracket kit from SlingMods, Basically a 2 piece kit with the hold down strap going over the battery providing a mount for that fuse box

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! Thank you. I have the kit as well but hadn’t opened it yet as I am doing a bunch of electrical while the battery is out. When I removed the battery and say that the fuses were attached to the oem bracket and not to the side like in the slingmods install video I got a little nervous (I’m a totally rookie at this stuff). The pic is great, thank you. Also looks like you installed opposite how my oem was with the positive to the right, good to know. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
468 Posts
No problem just take your time & always double check all your connections before you even turn it on, it prevents from any engine lights from coming on......Triple check if you have the time....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem just take your time & always double check all your connections before you even turn it on, it prevents from any engine lights from coming on......Triple check if you have the time....
Did you have a problem with the positive from the Slinshot fitting over the terminal adapter from slingmods on the optima?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Can u take a pic of what your talking about , I had purchased some terminal adapters but was surprised when i saw a set had came with the Battery kit from Slingmods, they fit right over the terminals on the Optima battery and the connections get screwed on top of the terminal with the butterfly nuts, had no issues with any fitments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can u take a pic of what your talking about , I had purchased some terminal adapters but was surprised when i saw a set had came with the Battery kit from Slingmods, they fit right over the terminals on the Optima battery and the connections get screwed on top of the terminal with the butterfly nuts, had no issues with any fitments
I can try to get a pic but don’t think it will show what I am talking about. Did you use the adapters you bought or the ones that came with the kit? I have the ones from the kit installed and that bolt part is too wide for the positive from the SS to fit over. Was thinking about looking for adapters with a narrower post

·
Registered
468 Posts
I used the adapters that came with the kit, so what your saying is your positive cable wont fit around the stub that the butterfly nut screws onto, if thats the case do u have a dremel to widen the hole or you can use a drill bit to widen it so it will fit over the stub...........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. That is exactly the problem. Looks like I’m off to buy a dremel unless there is a chance to get different adapters with narrower posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what your talking about right....
Yes. The post that the wingnut fits over is too wide to get the positive from the sling over

·
Registered
468 Posts
I didnt have that issue because I upgraded my alternator and alternator cables that came were the right size.....But i whenever i have that issue with a wire fitting not fitting over a stud, then its dremel time....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thabk you so much for all your help. I am a total noob and trying to learn as I go. Off to buy a dremel

·
Registered
468 Posts
When I was at Advance Auto parts they had other battery terminals cant remember if they had smaller studs on em BUT my advice is if the positive wont fit slightly, I would dremel the fitting to make it fit but if its not fitting by a wide margin then i would search for a smaller battery terminal, good luck

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dremel or small drill bit to widen the whole will do the trick also....

·
Registered
468 Posts
These are some other ones that might work for you if you choose not to get a dremel, The pic with the double studs sticking up is from LOWES, the other pic has 2 different bolts with nuts allowing you to mount your cable on different points

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All installed and buttoned up. So far looks like the mods I did while the batter was out all work. Ended up using the drumel... thanks so much for all your help

Reactions: MaddMoe
1 - 20 of 20 Posts