Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon all,

We are a smaller shop up here in WNY and I was just wondering if anyone just so happened to have a PDF of this repair manual? We have a customers slingshot here that is giving us some minor grief. We pulled a total of 4 codes with our CANDoo scan tool:

P1172
P0502
U2100
C1071

The issue is when it gets low on gas it starts to run very rough. Fuel pressure seems good but does drop and bounce around a little bit when its running like crap. When the tank is full then the issue seems to go away. Has anyone had the same issue? I am a bit nervous after everything that I have read regarding the wiring harnesses in these and then seeing that U2100 code.

Please let me know about the service manual and also if anyone else has run into this issue.

Thanks all
Rich
Dan's Tire & Auto

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I had a situation about a year ago where my Slingshot would stumble under hard acceleration at around 4000 rpm. My first thought was a fuel pump problem and given the cost of a replacement pump/filter/fuel level sensor unit, I wasn't very happy. A Google search showed me a source for just the fuel pump section at a relatively low cost compared to buying the entire Polaris assembly. Noticing that Polaris uses a filter at the pump's intake, I tried adding a full can of Sea Foam to my next fill-up. I then added another can after a couple more fill-ups and have been adding 1 can to my first fill-up every month and haven't experienced problems since. I assume the Sea Foam loosened some varnish buildup on the filter and allowed the fuel pump to maintain fuel pressure that any varnish buildup might have.
Unfortunately, my problem didn't generate any codes (that I noticed) and since you report several error codes, it sounds like a more serious problem. As far as service manuals, check EBay. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on this. I will consider your statements and if I come up with a service manual I will let you know. I was referred to another group so maybe someone there can shed some light on this. I am hoping its not what I keep reading and some kind of wiring harness issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts