Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for all the tips and advice, I bought my 2016 Slingshot today and drove it 5 hours back home. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I did not purchase it at a Polaris dealership so they didn't have to fix the recall, but I've already made an appointment at my local Polaris dealership to have the recall taken care of. I will definitely be looking into the curb alert asap. View attachment 184027 View attachment 184027
Looks Great! Mine is the Batmobile. It has pearlized black finish with a Twist Dynamic top. I will find a pic and post it. The Curb alert is made by Motion Products. Slingmods .com has then. Price is about $150.00. Other may have them so be sure to research before you buy. I had one that worked great for about 14 months. It quit working and when I called the company to get a new control unit they sent me a complete replacement. (the warranty had been expired 2 months and they wanted a customer to be satisfied with their products-great company) The replacement has been working for almost 3 years now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks Great! Mine is the Batmobile. It has pearlized black finish with a Twist Dynamic top. I will find a pic and post it. The Curb alert is made by Motion Products. Slingmods .com has then. Price is about $150.00. Other may have them so be sure to research before you buy. I had one that worked great for about 14 months. It quit working and when I called the company to get a new control unit they sent me a complete replacement. (the warranty had been expired 2 months and they wanted a customer to be satisfied with their products-great company) The replacement has been working for almost 3 years now.
Trying to add pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The black really does make it look like the Batmobile, I love it. I'd like to put a roof on mine too...eventually I'll look into it. Great for those scorching hot summer days.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
The black really does make it look like the Batmobile, I love it. I'd like to put a roof on mine too...eventually I'll look into it. Great for those scorching hot summer days.
So many things that you can do...take your time and look around and get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the 'mods'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all, I just signed on to the Forum. I've spent the past few weeks reading posts and researching Slingshots and now I'm ready to buy. I found a really nice 2016 SL at a dealership about 4 hours from me, 5000 miles on it and just what i was looking for. However, I just did a recall search and it has one open recall on it. Should I still consider buying it, or should I run? Any tips on how to deal with a situation like this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi,, I just messaged you on an SLR I just put on sale yesterday. Take a look and let me know if you are interested. Its a sweet one.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts