Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for a sling and I'm looking at 2016, 2016.5 & 2017

I was at a dealer last week looking at their inventory and I'm unable to find out what the differences from model year/half year are.

Does anybody have definitive info what is the difference preferably in a chart?

PS I'll be happy to detail the differences into a spreadsheet matrix if the information is provided for others.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm currently in the market for a sling and I'm looking at 2016, 2016.5 & 2017

I was at a dealer last week looking at their inventory and I'm unable to find out what the differences from model year/half year are.

Does anybody have definitive info what is the difference preferably in a chart?

PS I'll be happy to detail the differences into a spreadsheet matrix if the information is provided for others.

Thanks,
John
This is from what I gathered. I'm not a expert. The 2016.5 have a couple components under the hood. To help the heat issue. The 2017 have different mud guards & better seats in my opinion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imo when in doubt if you can afford it by the newer model. Each new model year the mfg will work out more and more bugs resulting in you getting a better refined product.
That seems to be so true with the Sling!
But I have my eyes on a local sling for sale that is a 16.5 that has all the upgrades I planned to do, and its the fastest, coolest color; red.
Well maybe the dark cherry is faster, I love cherry's lol

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
That seems to be so true with the Sling!
But I have my eyes on a local sling for sale that is a 16.5 that has all the upgrades I planned to do, and its the fastest, coolest color; red.
Well maybe the dark cherry is faster, I love cherry's lol
I'd say the time to buy it is when you see it. The perfect one is not going to come along again. Plus, all of the mods are going to cost you way more when you buy them separately. Not to mention your time to do it. I am assuming it's used....unless they want some crazy price like $30,000, I think you should jump on it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say the time to buy it is when you see it. The perfect one is not going to come along again. Plus, all of the mods are going to cost you way more when you buy them separately. Not to mention your time to do it. I am assuming it's used....unless they want some crazy price like $30,000, I think you should jump on it.
Going to see it on Saturday
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'll hit the bigger items that I know of:

2016.5: Heat reduction package
2017: Crappy hood brackets redesigned

But the advice I would give to you is look at the vehicle not the year.

I have a rule - I would never buy a first year vehicle because they are always the most trouble prone, but at this point any 2015 you may find surely has the recalls done and it's bugs worked out.

My 2016.5 has been flawless since day one save for the recalls (which in and of themselves have never caused me a problem).

And I should add - I built mine for speed and I maintain it impeccably but I run the piss out of it. The SS is a very solid vehicle once you fix what Polaris should have done right (suspension, wheels, tires, turbo).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would have probably done the midnight cherry model this year if I could've found a good financing option with low interest! Polaris has good interest of 1.99%, but not on the new models. Afraid if I wait till next year for the 2018 models to come out and then get the better interest for the 2017 models then that something will be in the 2018 model that I will have to have!....lol. Surprised they don't have a better radio in them with GPS, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.