Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am very interested in purchasing a slingshot for the first time. I have two options and would like your opinion.

2015 Slingshot SL with about $1500 worth of equipment and a new rear tire for $16,000 CAD (10,000KM)

2019 Slingshot SL Icon for 26,600 - New - With full warranty.

What do you guys think?

I read the 2015 model may have had more issues, but this one was purchased in 2015, not 2014.

Ready to hear your comments!
Thanks in advance!

Francois

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't be afraid of the 2015. With 10k km it should have any issues addressed by now. There were a few recalls on the early models and a check of the VIN will tell you if they have been completed. Replacing the rear tire at 10k km is fairly aggressive driving. I replaced mine around 13,900 km and I launch and spin a bit but don't do 'smoke shows'. With the light weight of the Sling I don't feel like that's really abuse - just using it for what it was intended. I always size up the owner of a used vehicle carefully. Ask him about break-in and maintenance and listen to his answers very closely. Check out his other rigs and property if possible. If his home is in disarray, don't buy a used vehicle from him. Just some of my own advice that I've used throughout life. That's a lot of savings over new but only you can make that decision. I'm almost always a used rig buyer.

My final advice is buy one of these, or another one. The fun factor is worth the price of entry! Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts