Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will be hosting three events with our friends at race suit rental (http://www.racesuitrental.com) this upcoming spring, summer, and fall.

The event will be held at the Dakota Technical college road course.
http://www.dctc.edu/about-us/facilities/rent-our-space/rent-our-driving-track/

This is the same track used by Polaris for the dealer demo/test drive. The event will be a PDX ( performance driving school) we will have professional instructors on hand both in classroom and in vehicle to help you become a better, faster, and safer driver. Don't worry their are three run groups! Beginner, intermediate, and advanced.

For some of you that will have a modified SS our technicians will also be on site to help you tune/setup/adjust suspensions for optimal performance.

Dates and signup will be posted soon as we lock down the dates.

10-20-14 UPDATE:

Spoke to the track manager this morning. Reservations for the track are opened to senior renters first. Since this is our first trime renting the track we can not lock in those dates until November 1st, that is if someone has not yet taken those dates.
tentative dates May17th, July 25th, and Sept 13th. Those are all weekend dates. If we could not get a weekend spot would a Friday or Monday work for most of you?

11-12-14 Update
Talked to the track and avail dates are pushed back to 11-15 I will update you as soon as I have more info.

11-19-14 Update.

We have the summer and fall event dates tentatively reserved. Still working on the spring date. As of now the summer day is July 26th fall is Oct 3rd.

12-7-14 update
We only have one date locked in at DCTC it is the fall event and that date is Oct 3rd. Because we have not rented this track in the past other organizations that have seniority had first picks of dates and all weekends have been taken. How would you guys feel about a weekday event?

We can also setup weekend dates for spring and summer at Brainerd International raceway but the cost will be higher. Around 250-300

·
Registered
541 Posts
Road trip. That'll put some miles on the SS.
Maybe we can get a west coast event. I'd love to be part of an event like this. The knowledge alone would be fantastic.
What's something like this cost.
Great idea I plan on putting a Turbo on my SS.
Thanks Turbosling

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I would love to see this come to AZ. Great winter spot for a fun track day!!! :woot:

·
Registered
541 Posts
If it were possible would we be able to set it up the same way. Turbo tuning and suspension tuning. Not to mention the training in the driving department. Bet I could get my SS insurance lowered also. I'll be keeping a close eye on this post.
Would like to get several riders together. I'm located in Northern California. See how you do it and get pointers from you.
Awesome idea. Like the chapter idea.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a three tentative dates May17th, July 25th, and Sept 13th. The 2015 track availability is not out yet but we are pushing them to release it within a week. We should have no problems with those dates as we are the first group to plan 2015 track rental.

Once that's solid I will post a link for you to sign up as well as more info.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just across the WI/MN border near Prescott. My son took his motorcycle safety course at Dakota County last spring. Excellent instruction. He now has his first full summer of riding under his belt and is an excellent (and safe) rider.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Update.
Spoke to the track manager this morning. Reservations for the track are opened to senior renters first. Since this is our first time renting the track we can not lock in those dates until November 1st, that is if someone has not yet taken those dates.
tentative dates May17th, July 25th, and Sept 13th. Those are all weekend dates. If we could not get a weekend spot would a Friday or Monday work for most of you?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I might travel from Pa. for it. I took the Jaquar racing course at Monticello race way in NY. I had several instructors including Michael Andretti. It was a nice track with a lot of different areas for different practice groups. A tight figure 8 and a long oval as well as short course mushroom and a long course. You might look into setting up there. It is a private track and they have a lot of smaller car amateur racing their. I am only 3 hours from there so it would also be good for me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts