Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to purchase a pretty immaculate 2015 SL and was wondering what my options were for adding a new radio that's a bit fancier than stock, and still weatherproof.

A lot of the posts on here are from a few years ago (or at least the ones I found) and wanted to see if there were any new options. I found the NavAtlas 6.2" Touchscreen, Bluetooth Stereo with Dual Camera DVR for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-17) on Slingmods and that seems pretty cool -- some cameras for recording, as well as touch screen, and backup camera integration. Is this the best option with all those features or are there others?

Thanks! Pretty stoked to get the thing in my garage

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you're looking to stay "double din", there is no currently available (as of July 2018) double din stereo that is waterproof. There are single din waterproof stereos, as well as many custom sized ones (meant for boats), but then you have no camera availability. There are "splashproof" covers for double din stereos but they don't guarantee anything.

Some of us have just went with non-waterproof stereos and just take precautions. Some have put plexiglass in front or behind the stereo, have custom built covers, or just completely stay out of the rain.

Search for some of my posts for problems with my stock stereo and camera to see some of the options that I explored before settling on a basic 7" touchscreen Pioneer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, the Clarion CMS5 is a nice waterproof stereo that many people have used. However, it is not a true double-din and requires an adapter plate to be installed. Checkout SlingMods.com for the stereo and adapter plate.

There's also a Rockford Fosgate waterproof stereo similar to the Clarion that can also be done (I don't remember the model number - PMK5 or something like that) but they are not true double din.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're looking to stay "double din", there is no currently available (as of July 2018) double din stereo that is waterproof. There are single din waterproof stereos, as well as many custom sized ones (meant for boats), but then you have no camera availability. There are "splashproof" covers for double din stereos but they don't guarantee anything.

Some of us have just went with non-waterproof stereos and just take precautions. Some have put plexiglass in front or behind the stereo, have custom built covers, or just completely stay out of the rain.

Search for some of my posts for problems with my stock stereo and camera to see some of the options that I explored before settling on a basic 7" touchscreen Pioneer.
So you're saying that there's no good double din, or the NavAtlas is the only good double din?

·
Registered
377 Posts
There are good and great double dins. Just none that are waterproof. The NavAtlas is waterproof but not a true double din. You will need their Slingshot Install Kit to make it work which fills around the 6.2" screen to make it a 7.2" width.

That being said, it looks like a really good option if you don't mind the black fill around the screen. Most Double Dins with 6.2" screen fill the remaining inch with all their buttons and controls so it still fits the 7.2" double din width.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts