Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I looked at one at the dealer yesterday,very disappointed at the quality of the printing in sections, not clear at all, fuzzy. I have almost always bought a service manual for what ever I purchased, I will pass on this one for now, and check later to see if the quality improves. I will say that it indeed covers a lot of area on the SS.
Tom

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I looked at one at the dealer yesterday,very disappointed at the quality of the printing in sections, not clear at all, fuzzy. I have almost always bought a service manual for what ever I purchased, I will pass on this one for now, and check later to see if the quality improves. I will say that it indeed covers a lot of area on the SS.
Tom
Yes, even attempting to blow up a digital version of the schematic renders a poor quality reproduction in most cases. XP

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hoping to find out my options here.

I am getting ready to install a turbo among other things but I don't want to drop $170 for a manual that is crap.

Anybody have any thoughts? I have a 2016.5 SL SE with 100 miles on it, am a very qualified wrench and am thinking between the oil pan removal and the intake manifold addendum I'd just prefer to pull the motor and tranny and do it right, but I don't want to spend money on a manual that is junk.

Hard to believe there is not a CD manual out there somewhere.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,882 Posts
Hoping to find out my options here.

I am getting ready to install a turbo among other things but I don't want to drop $170 for a manual that is crap.

Anybody have any thoughts? I have a 2016.5 SL SE with 100 miles on it, am a very qualified wrench and am thinking between the oil pan removal and the intake manifold addendum I'd just prefer to pull the motor and tranny and do it right, but I don't want to spend money on a manual that is junk.

Hard to believe there is not a CD manual out there somewhere.

Thoughts?
One year ago I talked with most everybody and finally had to buy the shop manual. It's missing a few key sections--like most anything that commonly fails under warranty--and nothing on alignment, but it is otherwise useful. The most handy thing for the common guy is the disassembly/assembly instructions on the braking and suspension systems, and torque specifications.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts