Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say environment limited. Lol
I backed out of it. 4tj gear is ok but 5th gear is downright ugly.

·
Registered
776 Posts
36 degrees didn't stop me from enjoying the BASE today. I'm loving it. It definitely needs boosted. 130mph for a tick on a closed course.:cool:
Thats great glad you got your SS. I look forward to seeing what the turbo's do for the SS. But as for myself, 130 is more than enough for me !!!!!!!!!! I won't have mine on a closed course. ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you think of the brakes ?
For the weight of the machine. They feel good. Abs works well.

The tc is very good like others have reported you can get the back end loose but maintain control. I definitely love chasing the 1g turn in it but cold temps and hard tires. It's a drift car in these conditions. Dropping rear tire down too 24psi today for further testing.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
So you're basically saying that it is a four speed with an overdrive year? Maybe fifth gear is just for gas mileage.

Reactions: C.G

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's as fun as my old viper.. and gets more looks.

Now for the performance upgrades....

My biggest surprise is how much i can drive it in the 30 degee plus range comfortably. .
Dress like your snowmobiling and its perfect.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Might just be me... I'm addicted to boost.
However 5th gear has very little pickup response below 80 mph.
My Viper doesn't have that much torque in 5th under 80 either. The wind buffering was pretty extreme at 80 and 90. But I guess it is on the bike also. Hope you had as much fun as I did. (Before the ticket)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just curious, what was your MPH in 4th at 5800 RPM?

Once you reached 130 was it stable or did it feel sketchy at all?
Sorry did not pay close attention at the time.
5800 is where it seems to like to be shifted while driving spirited. Freezing rain today so no driving:-(

Slingshot feels stable at any speed even passing big rigs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts