Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave@ddmworks 
#1 ·
We had a great time here on Friday, a bunch of folks showed up for a dyno day and also a Rotrex install. It was really nice to meet @Sling Cat and have the chance to install a Rotrex supercharger on his Slingshot. We thought it would be fun to time an install this time since we haven't timed any of the installs in the past. We started by running his Slingshot on the dyno and getting 3 nice dyno pulls for a pre-install reference, then pulled his Slingshot around to start the install at 11:15am. We fired it up for the first time at 1:00pm, just under 2 hours later. After doing a couple runs up and down the road to make sure everything was good, we put it back on the dyno and did some post install pulls. The install came out great and the new power was a nice bump over what he had.

For more information -
DDMWorks Slingshot Rotrex Supercharger Kit
or
Polaris Slingshot Supercharger Kit by DDMWorks

Starting the day off right with some doughnuts - thanks @MACAWS

This is what we started with, an intake, header and exhaust.

Installation of our custom intercooler for the Slingshot Rotrex kit with shrouding, upper and lower mounts -

The compact Rotrex unit and mounting plate installed, ready for the charge tubes to go on -

Things are starting to come together -

Charge tubes installed, fuel rail installed with Siemens 63# injectors and 2 bar MAP sensor -

All complete and out for some testing -

Back on the dyno for some post install dyno runs -

Making some pretty good numbers on the dyno -

Final results, pretty fun little ride with just a couple hours of work -

See less See more
#3 ·
Most companies are using a Dynojet dyno, which typically reads higher than our dyno. The dynojet dyno's are just a big metal drum that is spun up for the dyno reading. The dyno we use has 2 drums, but the main difference is that it has an eddy current load cell and we dyno with that on. The load cell puts a load on the engine and drivetrain and pulls the HP and torque numbers down lower than typically most people will see on other dyno's. So for us, that number for a stock engine is pretty typical, but on other dyno's people typically see around 150-160hp.

Hope that helps,
Dave

#4 ·
We had a great time here on Friday, a bunch of folks showed up for a dyno day and also a Rotrex install. It was really nice to meet @Sling Cat and have the chance to install a Rotrex supercharger on his Slingshot. We thought it would be fun to time an install this time since we haven't timed any of the installs in the past. We started by running his Slingshot on the dyno and getting 3 nice dyno pulls for a pre-install reference, then pulled his Slingshot around to start the install at 11:15am. We fired it up for the first time at 1:00pm, just under 2 hours later. After doing a couple runs up and down the road to make sure everything was good, we put it back on the dyno and did some post install pulls. The install came out great and the new power was a nice bump over what he had.

For more information -
or
Polaris Slingshot Supercharger Kit by DDMWorks

Starting the day off right with some doughnuts - thanks @MACAWS

This is what we started with, an intake, header and exhaust.

Installation of our custom intercooler for the Slingshot Rotrex kit with shrouding, upper and lower mounts -

The compact Rotrex unit and mounting plate installed, ready for the charge tubes to go on -

Things are starting to come together -

Charge tubes installed, fuel rail installed with Siemens 63# injectors and 2 bar MAP sensor -

All complete and out for some testing -

Back on the dyno for some post install dyno runs -

Making some pretty good numbers on the dyno -

Final results, pretty fun little ride with just a couple hours of work -

#6 ·
Looks good, think I'm in. Can't wait to install when I get back to FL.
Not my or anybody's first priority but I'm Still wondering what the effect is on hwy cruise mpg. Any users got a read on that yet?

#8 ·
One more question.
I can't see what the intake air plumbing to the Rotrex looks like. Got a picture of that?
On the trip we made to Arkansas with it from here (about 1800 miles if I remember right) it averaged right around 25mpg when actually taking mielage divided by how much gas we put in.

As for the intake for the Rotrex kit, it is pretty short and simple, just a quick turn downward with the filter and the intake pulls from the passenger side wheel well area. I will get a picture for you though and post it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.