Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The first automobiles started out with three wheels: Nicolas Cugnot's 1770 Steam Dray rolled on three, as did Karl Benz's 1886 Patented Motorwagen. In recent years we've seen a lot of big carmakers produce three-wheeled concepts, including Peugeot, Mercedes-Benz, GM, BMW, and Volkswagen. But in Britain there are a host of smaller and largely unsung three-wheeler builders who continue to make well-engineered trikes in kit or turnkey form for the enthusiast market. We've assembled (almost) all of them for a track day at Blyton Park near Gainsborough in England.

Continue Reading @ http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/11-thrilling-three-wheeled-kit-cars#slide-2

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
The tR1ke is supposedly being imported into the US by DoveRacing.net. I emailed asking for info but received no response. I suspect they import a container load of kits when they accumulate enough orders or inventory shortage.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I

The first automobiles started out with three wheels: Nicolas Cugnot's 1770 Steam Dray rolled on three, as did Karl Benz's 1886 Patented Motorwagen. In recent years we've seen a lot of big carmakers produce three-wheeled concepts, including Peugeot, Mercedes-Benz, GM, BMW, and Volkswagen. But in Britain there are a host of smaller and largely unsung three-wheeler builders who continue to make well-engineered trikes in kit or turnkey form for the enthusiast market. We've assembled (almost) all of them for a track day at Blyton Park near Gainsborough in England.

Continue Reading @ 11 Thrilling Three-Wheeled Kit Cars
I would say that the very first one on the books would have to be Leonardo daVinci's self propelled cart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts