Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taking the driver out of the equation anyone think this can be done without forged rods pistons and heavier springs?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
397 whp ...0/60 2.79 sec....Quarter Mile trap speed 136.2 mph without the weight of the driver .:banghead:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wouldn't think so; I think it would take at least 450 HP to get the same power/wt ratio as bikes that can do it.

And that doesn't even address how to get that much power down.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
taking the driver out of the equation anyone think this can be done without forged rods pistons and heavier springs?
Well, I've heard 300hp is the maximum safe output with stock internals. Are you asking if that's adequate to run high 10's? I don't have an SS yet, so anything I say is humble speculation. I hear a lot of talk about power to weight and so on. At 300hp the power to weight is very impressive. The SS goes from the ball park of a 370z, to the ball park of a GT500 or Hellcat. If I'm not mistaken (I could be) GT500's and Hellcat's are low 11 second cars that I've heard can sneak into the 10's. (Apples and oranges I know) However, the only thing I can base that power comparison on is a peak number (300) for the SS. I really don't know shat about what the power CURVE gains look like. I suppose, like anything else that will make a huge difference. And like Noah touched on, getting it to the ground is paramount in getting any kind of decent time......I'll bet @Turbosling could better answer this question after CT's project is complete and posted for everyone to see. Hell, I don't even know what the stock ss can run in the quarter.....Based on the same speculation, I'd guess 13's. Sorry fits, I probably didn't help answer your question at all.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Cool link turbo......So with my weight plus 1725lbs and 300 hp it calculated 10.82 sec 1/4 mile......So it's theoretically possible. Until it happens, we'll endlessly debate drag, traction, driver, etc......

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I got 13.2 with 150 hp.......Honestly, outside of the strip, the seat of the pants difference is negligible. 13's is still a pretty fun vehicle. I think it'll pull off 13's with it's current traction/weight/driver etc. I guess we'll see.

Regardless, anything is possible........It's just a matter of cost. If I could get mine around high 11's low 12's without ruining it's natural character, that would be absolutely perfect for me. I would absolutely love that level of performance, and I think that would be reasonably attainable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Slingking, sounds like you just need to remove the muffler and install a turbo and a drag radial. That's what I'll be doing!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Problem is going to be traction. You've got to figure gearing into a power equation also. In quarter mile drag racing, the hole shot is a big part of getting good ETAs. I ran a very nice 65 El Camino at the track with a 427, 4:10 12 bolt rear, traction bars, slicks, lot of engine work, etc. Had trouble running 13s due to lack of traction with no weight in rear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In stock form, traction out of the hole is already an issue. I just completed my first performance mod yesterday, a 305 series drag radial.

Reactions: Pigmanfu
1 - 19 of 19 Posts