Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts

I'm not the owner of the video. For those interested this should help. Launch was not the greatest, but gives a good baseline.
I've been waiting for a simple video like that!! I think it would be better with more traction and I do like that second gear sweeps right past 60mph.:) Thanks for posting that. Now ask him to make a top speed run.;) on a closed course of course....pretty please.:D

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
It wa
I've been waiting for a simple video like that!! I think it would be better with more traction and I do like that second gear sweeps right past 60mph.:) Thanks for posting that. Now ask him to make a top speed run.;) on a closed course of course....pretty please.:D
It is my video. I posted it in an existing thread titled 0-60. I also posted on another thread that top speed is 130-132(hard to destiguish individual mph after 120) , you achieve that in 4th. When you shift to fifth your speed drops to 120, you might be able to ride fifth higher but would take forever, and doubtful, as fifth has slow acceleration after 120.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
It wa

It is my video. I posted it in an existing thread titled 0-60. I also posted on another thread that top speed is 130-132(hard to destiguish individual mph after 120) , you achieve that in 4th. When you shift to fifth your speed drops to 120, you might be able to ride fifth higher but would take forever, and doubtful, as fifth has slow acceleration after 120.
I remember you posting the top speed....BUT, I wanted to see it.:D It's more fun that way. Can you go hop in that sucker and get back down to the track and make that video? I have to live vicariously through you!!

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
I remember you posting the top speed....BUT, I wanted to see it.:D It's more fun that way. Can you go hop in that sucker and get back down to the track and make that video? I have to live vicariously through you!!
I can try to make it to the track again soon. It is the beginning of the week, so not sure when. The track is usually less crowded early in the morning on weekend days;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts