Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
0-60 Alpha Turbo stage 1! 5 seconds, Had to keep rpm's lower due to spin on stock tire. Shaky footage, sorry. Its Repeated twice. I'm guessing a 3.5 if the tire would stick on this machine.
The other stock Slingshot 0-60 Youtube videos show a 7 second 0-60.
I'm guessing a stock would be a 5.5 if the tire wouldn't spin.
I'm guessing we are losing 1.5-2 seconds with only one wheel and this stock tire.

But the turbo does give it a 2 second jump on the 0-60.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Okay now your just showing off :shifty:....and I LOVE IT!!! :hilarious: Keep the videos coming...I am working on this Columbus day. :( okay not really doing much. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Looks good and sounds good. That tire spinning problem is about the only real downside us turbo owners have.

Be careful with that clutch. Its our other weakness.

Im glad someone else is launching theirs hard because I granny shift mine.

Reactions: MrWinn and sooey2u

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which rear tire are you running this with?
Hi Tango, yes stock tire in this video. Figured I would punish it since its a cheapo! I need to replace soon will up the quality and go a tad wider.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nice vid, but watch your clutch... Those insta-shifts are brutal on it with that immense torque and you will get better traction by not power shifting anyways. Even on a very grippy tire 1st gear is a write-off and you can get good traction if you shift it low rpm in 2nd and let the engine ramp up nicelly thru its torque curve instead of powershifting thru 1-2-3

Reactions: MrWinn

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love that! I'll get to try this myself later today because, as I type, Andy (from Alpha) is wrapping up install of their Stage 1 kit along with the two-way adjustable JRI shocks. Guess it's time for a GoPro!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I am fixing to lay down a couple of 0-60 numbers tomorrow morning.

I will be beyond shocked if it isn't around 4.5 seconds with my machine and all those awesome Alpha goodies.

Videos to come.... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love that! I'll get to try this myself later today because, as I type, Andy (from Alpha) is wrapping up install of their Stage 1 kit along with the two-way adjustable JRI shocks. Guess it's time for a GoPro!
Having just read another thread, I suppose I'm getting the Stage 2 (it has the 2 bar map). I assumed the same boost as with the 1 bar but I guess I'll have to ask that question.

As an aside, Andy mentioned that they've been able to fit a 345 size tire on the stock setup. That may be old news to some here but new to me and, needless to say, great to hear. If this is as everyone says, I think that'll be the next mod.

Reactions: MrWinn

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Having just read another thread, I suppose I'm getting the Stage 2 (it has the 2 bar map). I assumed the same boost as with the 1 bar but I guess I'll have to ask that question.

As an aside, Andy mentioned that they've been able to fit a 345 size tire on the stock setup. That may be old news to some here but new to me and, needless to say, great to hear. If this is as everyone says, I think that'll be the next mod.
In most cases the 2 bar kit will be running 8lbs of boost compared to the 1 bar that has spring set for around 5lbs. With a 2bar tune and map sensor, you can choose how much boost you want to run between those 2 numbers.

It is very easy to tell how much boost you are running. Look at the spring guide in the wastegate instructions and check the spring color guide. Or hook up a realiable boost gauge.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In most cases the 2 bar kit will be running 8lbs of boost compared to the 1 bar that has spring set for around 5lbs. With a 2bar tune and map sensor, you can choose how much boost you want to run between those 2 numbers.

It is very easy to tell how much boost you are running. Look at the spring guide in the wastegate instructions and check the spring color guide. Or hook up a realiable boost gauge.
That or I can just ask Andy when I see him later today. :happy:

Good info to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice vid, but watch your clutch... Those insta-shifts are brutal on it with that immense torque and you will get better traction by not power shifting anyways. Even on a very grippy tire 1st gear is a write-off and you can get good traction if you shift it low rpm in 2nd and let the engine ramp up nicelly thru its torque curve instead of powershifting thru 1-2-3
What video??? I don't see any attachment. I wonder if my new anti virus is blocking attachments?

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thread hi-jack... sorry Winn.

Anyway, I picked up my newly Alpha turbo'd and JRI shock'd Sling today. After spinning in every gear I tried (1st thru 3rd) I decided your estimate might be conservative. And as much fun as this new-found power is, the ride quality change might even be more impressive.

Now this thing that looks like a Ferrari finally sounds and acts the part. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thread hi-jack... sorry Winn.

Anyway, I picked up my newly Alpha turbo'd and JRI shock'd Sling today. After spinning in every gear I tried (1st thru 3rd) I decided your estimate might be conservative. And as much fun as this new-found power is, the ride quality change might even be more impressive.

Now this thing that looks like a Ferrari finally sounds and acts the part. :D
Thats awesome SlingDaddy! Cograts!! Have fun! Did you get the side exit exhaust?

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts

Any vids yet Trav?

Dying to see your results.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Almost every vehicle worth its salt has smoked me off the line (competent sports cars), the Slingshot is just bad at it. Roll on speed with the turbo is phenomenal though and third gear is a beast. I will shit golden bricks if someone can get sub 5 seconds without a slick. I still win, cause hey... gold bricks :) I think I have made this challenge before...

·
Registered
111 Posts
No side exhaust though I thought about it. One downside is that for folks w/ sensitive hearing, this thing will piss 'em off. Fortunately it's nothing but music to my ears. :cigar:

I'm definitely getting the 345 setup Andy discussed. No price yet but it's got to help.

As for power, I think the thing I like best is the part-throttle mid-range. It's beefy, Pops!

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
111 Posts
Almost every vehicle worth its salt has smoked me off the line (competent sports cars), the Slingshot is just bad at it. Roll on speed with the turbo is phenomenal though and third gear is a beast. I will shit golden bricks if someone can get sub 5 seconds without a slick. I still win, cause hey... gold bricks :) I think I have made this challenge before...
I don't disagree. My comment relates to the part of OPs post discussing what it could do with traction.

Oh, and you can keep your bricks until you hose the sonsabitches off. :wtf:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts