Wiring help needed asap

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Electronics' started by moto111, Jan 9, 2016.

1. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    If your going for the footrests like factory you can pop the hood and there are spots to run wiring behind the dash. You can follow the wiring for the 12v accessory port in the Glove box. There are channels all under the Sling to that you used as well for other locations. Where are you placing the Interior LED lights?? Glove box... footwell?? this might help on the wiring location.

2. WingShot

WingShot ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot

Thanks Received:
    image.jpeg I used this 5 channel Alpine amp the sub output is rated 150rms/4ohm. Or 250rms/2ohm. They put a test sheet in each box for each amp. Mine was putting out 332rms/2ohm it will run a 10 inch perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Tinted F4 3.JPG With the hood open - Take a look in the center of the dash - through the middle is open area that you can access left side to drop wire to your footrest / glove box area. I don't think you will need to drill a hole at all. If you have the base model you can pop out center holder where the radio would normally go and you will see area and room to run wires to the glove box area

Tinted F4 3.JPG

4. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    @WingShot picture shows the channel to the bottom right you can use for the amplifier wiring when your ready for that... great pic Wingshot!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WingShot

WingShot ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot

Thanks Received:
    One thin cool with the Alpine amp is it has a plug in for a cable to run to a switch to control the bass at the dash. The rux-knob is $19

6. moto111

moto111 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I ran the LEDs I didn't think about the other aux port in glove box thanks for that . I popped the other one out ran all the wiring through that then along the roll bar out . Then ran the cord along the firewall to the drivers side . Now Going to store to get the plastic cover stuff for wire . ( no idea official name ) lol . Then going to zip tie everything and 3n tape it down .

Now that I've done this I think I can run wiring for speakers in same spots just fine. Thanks guys il post a pic when I'm done

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome... on your way to saving $800.00 in installation...:D

8. moto111

Thanks Received:
    I mean I should be able to do wiring maybe il need it tuned after but that's not much .

Last 2 questions . to hook amp up to battery am I going to drill a hole in drivers side compartment to do that? And how will I hook the sub amp to the other amp?

9. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Power going to the amplifiers:.... Yes you can drill one hole like you see Wingshots picture (red/black) wire heading back the battery. Or you can also run the power underneath and through one of the channels. Both ways your going to go through ABS plastic and you will be fine. If you go underneath just be sure to keep the wires nice and tight and it will give you an even cleaner look. Linking the amps: The Kenwood you spoke of earlier has RCA "through" plugs that allows you to send the audio signal to a second amplifier for even more sound...i.e. your subwoofer amplifier. Works great, just purchase an extra set of very short RCA cables and your set to link them up.

10. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
  11. moto111

Thanks Received:
    Multi color LEDs installed :) thanks

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. nipper51

nipper51 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I took the radio out and ran the wires very easily thru that area from left to right side.