Wiring help needed asap

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Electronics' started by moto111, Jan 9, 2016.

1. moto111

moto111 Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    So the sling is on jack stands and I started to try to install my interior LEDs. How do I run the wire from driver side to passenger side ? Am I going to have to drill? Also I need to plug the wire into the glove box but there's no holes help me :( lol

Also the audio guy wants 800 bucks for labor to install some stuff but if I can figure out how to run the wire to each place I will be good .

For a amp what size gauge power wire and what side audio ? Last thing can a 4 channel power 2 speakers and sub? Thanks so much guys hope it's not to much to ask just sitting here feeling dumb now since I can't continue to work

2. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    For the Amplifier:
    Depending on the amplifier size (current/amp draw) will depend on the size wire. 8 gauage or 4gauage wire. Also (amps drawn) will depend on the size fuse you need to use. Yes your 4 channel can power to stereo speakers and the subwoofer. 2 Channels will be wired in stereo and the other two will go Bridged Mono for the Sub. Not knowing all and exactly your setup / equipment that you have purchased - I am speaking on the basics. You can do it my friend....and that $800.00 can go to another mod!!! :D

3. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    This will assist you: Diagram of basic break down on 4 channel wiring 2 channels for stereo and the other two bridged mono for sub.

Curious what is the model and make of your 4 channel amplifier? Amplifier 4 channel run.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. moto111

Thanks Received:
    Well the amp and speakers is what's left to order but unsure if I can handle install on my own. Would save 800 bucks . Was looking at the marine kenwood Bluetooth amp
    Kenwood KAC-M1824BT

5. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I have not done interior LED as of yet... But there is a small channel that you can run wire through to get to the other side. Located when you remove both seats - not far from the rear seat BOLT toward the middle console. Hope this helps... I am sure there are other ways to run them as well...just have not done LED on the inside.

6. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    YEP Great Amplifier... I have the same one. But that amplifiers is really good for your front speakers and rears speakers (if you choose rear) Not so good for a subwoofer. It just does not power very much to a good 10" sub.

7. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Here are a few pics for your to keep on hand if you decide to go with the amplifier. I love it but I use a small Rockford Fosgate for my Sub.

Amplifier2.JPG Amplifier1.JPG Amplifier3.JPG

8. moto111

Thanks Received:
    So with the channel for the seats belts would I run it at through the drivers side and along the bottom of the SS to the other one? Or through the center console area?

Thanks that's the input I needed in regards to the the sub . Do did you hook up both amps to battery? No issues with them drawing to much power? Thanks again

9. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I would look to see if you can run the LED wires behind the counsel for where the stereo system would go. I am assuming you have the base model? No radio... If so you can access the other side (passenger side) next to the glove box.

Dash pod4.JPG

10. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    No issues with my amps at all drawing power - I know many on here have run much larger amplifiers than mines and they too seem to be okay. Yes, run the amplifier directly to the battery with an inline fuse. If you decide on two amplifiers it might be easier to run one larger wire with an distribution fuse block to go to EACH amplifier. And then each amplifier will also have a separate fuse rated for that specific amplifier (amperage draw)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. lrobbi

lrobbi Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Wish I lived closer... we could knock it out in no time. That amplifier is great with my IPhone6 and I just refabricated the dash so that my IPhone seats comfortably in the little cubby with some shade :) Bluetooth signals picks up the IPhone signal every time I start the SS and I have all my music right where I left off from. Occasionally it will drop signal...BUT not much over all!

12. moto111

Thanks Received:
    I may get the kenwood mono sub amp to accompany it. Honestly the wiring is my issue but hey I have all winter to do it. So do I run wires through seat belt hole and under the sling to other side? Also if my interior lights plug into the glove box will I have to make a hole ? Thanks so much for help I appreciate it