what would you do??

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot Discussions' started by Busaandy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Busaandy

Busaandy Member

Thanks Received:
    long story short i brought my sling in for the handful of recalls before i headed south with it.. swing arm, steering bolt, fuel line and a few others.. i brought it to the dealer down south where i bought it from last year to have something looked at.. needless to say the dealer up north had my sling for 2 or 3 days and didnt do any recalls but charged polaris for it... polaris is well aware and has a case going against them.... im not sure what legal rights i have or what to do for my time lost and having to deal with this 2 times??..

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. WingShot

WingShot ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot

Thanks Received:
    Post the crappy dealer name here so others wont get screwed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mike19

mike19 Member

Thanks Received:
    What dealer did you take it to?

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    I assume your "south" dealer is saying the recall work was not done.

On what basis are they making that call?

1) Polaris does NOT reimburse warranty work unless it's in their system under your VIN.
    2) If your "south" dealer told you that because you don't have the stupid recall stickers plastered all over your frame in the engine compartment, the stickers are not required. My SS has had all warranty work completed and none of those nasty sticker were put on.

5. EjFord

EjFord Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Polaris rules say that stickers MUST be put on and other markings
    used to insure that shows work completed?????????????????????

• Like Like x 1
  6. TimC

TimC Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow. Do you have paperwork stating the recalls were done? (Reciept)
    If they weren't done and the dealer lied I would plaster their name all over to keep other potential customers away from their shop.

As far as the stickers go, couldn't they have put them somewhere else? Behind a panel maybe.(glove box or storage door behind seats) They look like shit under the hood.

7. Sling ding-a-ling

Sling ding-a-ling Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure about the monetary damages as far as the service goes since these were items that you didn't pay for and didn't get. BUT for sure if they said in writing via the Polaris computer system or otherwise that the fuel line, steering bolt, and swing arm were fixed, these are serious safety issues and I would think that you could sue them for putting your life at risk.

It all depends on how far you are willing to take it. At the very least you should draft up a letter to Polaris corporate explaining the chain of events and expressing your extreme displeasure with the whole situation. Also let them know that that your trust of Polaris is broken and you are worried for your safety. No joke! Simple language like this could go a long way if this ends up escalating. Even if you don't personally sue, it could end up being a class action suit. There is no doubt they have done this to others.

P.S. I would not mention the "bad" dealership name in the public forum.

P.S.S. I have no legal background, but I watch a lot of Judge Judy.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Busaandy

Busaandy Member

Thanks Received:
    Well for 1 the fuel line, the steering bolt and camera were not done.. but I have paper work saying it was all done.. the dealer in the south is 1 of the top dealers in the country.. Polaris made them take pictures and send them to prove the work wasn't done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Busaandy

Busaandy Member

Thanks Received:
    You do need the stickers otherwise polaris says work was never done. That's part of polaris training and protocol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Busaandy

Busaandy Member

Thanks Received:
    dealer is in ct

11. TravAZ

TravAZ Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Tough lesson learned I am afraid, as I cannot see how it would be worth your while to use legal action in hopes of getting a few bucks for the second trip to a dealership and 2-3 lost days with your machine.

This is why it is really important to research a dealer before you use them and to also know what to look for when you pick up the machine after the "work" was done. It is very easy to see if the fuel line and swingarm were replaced.

Polaris is a pretty good company. Maybe they will give your some free merch or a discount on buying accessories.

EDIT - Forgot to answer your thread question..... Don't use the north dealership for anything ever again!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Publius

Publius Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    those stickers are useless. None were put on for the headlight recall. Same dealer put them on for the last series od recalls. I washed down the engine and bye, bye stickers. Can barely read them.

• Agree Agree x 2