Well...3 wheels just got a little more interesting...

Discussion in 'Polaris Slingshot vs The Competition' started by Br4hm4, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Br4hm4

Br4hm4 I'm huge in Japan... Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. WI_Hedgehog

WI_Hedgehog Winner of the "Most Factory Defects" award Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I see a lot of disappointed investors 2 years from now. Fun to think about though.

valene-motors-black-mambaa[1].jpg valene-motors-black-mamba+%25282%2529[1].jpg valene-motors-black-mamba+%25283%2529[1].jpg valene-motors-black-mamba+%25285%2529[1].jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    To me the most important part is that it is even being discussed. That shows people are taking notice and reverse trikes are not a passing fad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - once you drive one of these things... They are like crack. And that means big $$$ to manufacturers. Do not make the foolish assumption that the SS is the last you will see of this trend - especially since Polaris has done the legal work and got what is really a car to fall under motorcycle rules with the DOT.

I expect we will see a lot more competition to the SS in the next two-three years. You read it here. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Br4hm4

Br4hm4 I'm huge in Japan... Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    Getting the AutoCycle classification is going to change a lot of things for future vehicles. I'm really interested in seeing how it pans out. I know for a while now I wanted to do an all wheel drive trike. All electronic. 300 mile range... The Tesla of Trikes. Could be really interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ZimDog

ZimDog Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Banged together in some guys garage -- paid for some 'artists renderings'... to make it seem professional / legit.

Prediction: they will be looking for 'crowd funding' -- will take the money and run....the prototype will be the only one ever made.

Don't you love my positive spin on things?!! LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. mtntech

mtntech Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Good luck putting 810 HP to the ground through one rear wheel!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely. But remember electric motors are very linear.

And it would be a hoot, you gotta admit, to walk into the bar and proclaim to your buddies "Fuckin' thing has over 800 HP and all it does even on feather throttle is fry the back tire. I can't keep rubber back there and Discount Tire is getting rich off me".

Admit it. We all want to say that.:)

And every swinging dick on this site is right now shaking their head saying "Yep, Blitz is right" including you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. mtntech

mtntech Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Frying the tires got old decades ago for me. Take a Tesla Model S for a spin if you want to witness well applied electric power. 0-60 in 2.8 and 0-100 in under 8. No wheel spin and super linear. Makes my Euro spec 930 feel slow on the lower end of the scale. You are totally spot on I believe for the immediate future of RTs. Polaris has paved the way for other makers on this continent and the $300+ million in gross sales they have made in an unsaturated market should be more than enough incentive for others to follow suit. I liken it to the rise in popularity of performance side by sides. Yamahe started it and then others followed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. WI_Hedgehog

Thanks Received:
    Like Tesla, the 800HP model would need a large motor in the back and a larger one (or two) in front. (They kind of alluded to that in the article.)

Too small a market at this point. Even Tesla wouldn't exist without constant government money infusion.

Tesla_Model_S_60_kWh_Base_vs_P85D_Wide[1].jpg
    Tesla Model S P90D
    Rear: 532
    hp ("Ludicrous" upgrade)
    Front: 463 hp

10. lilb93

lilb93 Slingshot Supporter Slingshot Supporter

Thanks Received:
    That is one sad looking piece.. But then again I have a great deal on a bridge crossing the Hudson.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WI_Hedgehog

Thanks Received:
    I agree, their development chain is a disorganized mess. Guy with a dream, who has no idea what he's doing but thinks he does. Good thing they left that tag on the tire, they might be able to return it.

rear-wheel-400x250[1].png

Silex Power ยป Valene Black Mamba

"The Valene Black Mamba will be launched internationally during a dedicated event which will be held in Malta on the 29th July 2016."

Don't get too excited. The Silex Chreos (luxury electric car that overtakes the Tesla S in every way) is supposedly "here," but is actually just a mockup.

12. Publius

Publius Well-Known Member

Thanks Received:
    Base model is ~$39k. I'd have to beleive that is the 107hp version. Can only imagine the cost of the 810hp version costs.

• Agree Agree x 1